No announcement yet.

Dishwasher

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I left my Bosch in my last house ...three months later we called round to collect a few things only to find it had been skipped..you'd have thought they'd have at least freecycled it wouldn't you??...oh ...and the fridge
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Bosch is generally a good brand.
      I can recommend our zanussi though. It's a slimline and currently 14 years old. We never rinse anything and it comes out clean every time. Also doesn't smell.
      The only time it had a problem was after 2 years of being used by tenants (we were out of the country) we came back to find it flooding. Turned out they had dropped plastic in which was covering the drainage hole

Comment

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
        Hotpoint Aquarius here, cleans fine if things are rinsed and doesnt smell,
        was about £300 I think
        Hotpoint Aquarius here too. Very happy with it, too. It's now 12 years old, and going strong. Darn thing'll probably go bang now, like my Folks' one has. I think theirs is a Zanussi, but wouldn't swear to it.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Cheers everyone. My current dishwasher is also the OH, I cook he cleans! But we are working increasing hours and I think that for the time we have spare should be spent doing better things than washing up.

Just out of interest we are on a metre and wondered if the running costs would be expensive???

Comment

Your dishwasher will cost about 12-18p per full load depending on the programme chosen and your electricity cost. Plus the cost of the tablet and the water.

Water is about 0.13p a litre? A cycle using 12 litres would cost 1.56p
            Low water consumption dishwashers | Comet advice
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I use to have a slimline BEKO...but it died on mi. I haven't had the spare cash to replace it yet, but I'm working on it. I didn't find it expensive to run and I have to admit I do miss it.
              Last edited by ginger ninger; 04-11-2010, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I always cut the dishwasher tablets in half. It seems to do just as well.
                Mine's a slimline BOSCH and it is a good few years old. I don't bother rinsing stuff and it seems to cope!
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  Hotpoint Aquarius here too. Very happy with it, too. It's now 12 years old, and going strong...
                  I must add, with the Hotpoint, you can open the door, mid-cycle, and add or take out stuff, then close it again. VERY useful! (You may be able to do this with others, but I don't know.)
                  Last edited by Glutton4...; 04-11-2010, 09:46 AM.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                    I always cut the dishwasher tablets in half. It seems to do just as well.
                    Mine's a slimline BOSCH and it is a good few years old. I don't bother rinsing stuff and it seems to cope!
                    Ah, but then I bet you put it on right after you've finished eating.

If you're a slovenly git like me, once you've finished eating you slob out and forget to wash up until just before you start cooking the following day

Then the rice is cemented to the sides of the pot, the sauce is welded to the plates and cutlery and the old dishwasher is still full and needs emptying!
                    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                    Snadger - Director of Poetry
                    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

we have a baumatic silm line it was £199.00 it came with a 5 year part and two year labour warranty it's just two years old now and it's still going strong and we use it every day
                      we also cut the tablets in half
                      green thing

Comment

We have an AEG
                        bought it when they were offering 5 year warrnaty

dishwashers are the best thing in the world
                        if i were to be re-designing my kitchen again first thing i'd do is make room for the dishwasher

Comment

I used to have a dishwasher, now I have not got one I really miss it. We had a Bosch and it was fine. One thing I would look for if I was buying one is how long the cycle takes, my daughter has one and it seems to take forever to finish.
                          Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X