Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher

Hi,

I have persuraded the OH to get a dishewasher and wondered if there are any makes and models which are recommended to buy or avoid?

If it is any help, it will be a freestanding full sized machine and ideally under £350.

Mucho appreciated

Jo

I have a Beko one. Was pretty much the cheapest. It's good, it has some minor niggles, but worked out how to get the most out of it now. The cheapest is never going to be the best.
    I can't really advise as it's the only one I've ever had.

I can say, however, that's it's one of the best purchases I made. Saves me so much time and effort. Or rather, saves me making no effort and there being a constant pile of dirty pots!
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Dishwasher - that'll be me
      Last edited by piskieinboots; 02-11-2010, 09:22 PM.
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Sorry, can't tell you which is a good make - my first one was an indesit, the one I inherited here is an AEG and my sister (rich bi**h) has bosch but, one thing I can tell you for sure is - I wouldn't be without mine and there are only 2 of us
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Smeg washes fine but have had problems with the microprocesssor if any steam gets into it.
          Do not open it & leave it ajar after it has finished. !!!!! £120+
          Indesit didn't wash well.
          Now got Neff which if you look around on the net is not that much more expensive.

Comment

If you want to buy new, I would heartliy recommend a Bosch. You should just about get one for around £350 and even if something does go wrong, their guarantee and customer service is superb (in my experience!).

If you'd rather spend less though, do you have a British Heart Foundation Furniture & Electricals anywhere nearby? I buy all my white goods from there now - they don't always last as long as brand new might but they're a fraction of the price, plus it's for a good cause and also stops things going into landfill before their time.
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

We've got one, Whirlpool I think?
              It doesn't get everything clean, it stinks, OH puts everything in it instead of just rinsing off toast crumbs (!) and I hate it

But it does stop the dirty dishes from being piled up next to the sink (OH would never think to wash up)
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Bosch!
                We got their slimline one 6 or 7 years ago and never had any problems with it. And it never smells either...?

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  Dishwasher - that'll be me
                  Me too Pisk, although himself does help out quite a bit. There are only 2 of us, but my family keep telling me to get a dishwasher as they all have them. Trouble is, apart from wondering whether it's really worth it, my kitchen is very small and there's not much space to fit one in near the sink without ripping out some work top. Mmm, wonder if they make "worktop" washers?
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

My Service has been ok 5/6 years so far except the top wash arm keeps falling off so have orderd a new one online (check you can get spares easily). Used every day no smell, I do put mine through a rinse cycle (with a splash of white vinegar) before washing.

But I do love my Bosh Fridge freezer and will by bosh in future.
                    You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Hotpoint Aquarius here, cleans fine if things are rinsed and doesnt smell,
                      was about £300 I think

Comment

My wife wants one desperately, I'm a bit hesitant as I want to do major works in the kitchen.. but at the same time I'm a bit dubious at the amount of water they use too. Not that I'm on a metre but still, I was shocked when I looked into it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
                          cleans fine if things are rinsed
                          See, in my world rinsing is cleaning! I deeply resent having to wash things before I put them in the dishwasher
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Have had an indesit and an AEG - and they were both good (and neither smelt!)...anything is better than doing dishes by hand (my worst job) but I'm the dishwasher now till we get the kitchen done.

Comment

I'm with the Bosch gang, best machine we've ever had.
                              "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X