Free food until 15th August @ Big Brands for Less

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
    I use Paypal all the time, and never ever have any money in it. You can set a Bank Account up so as soon as you try to pay via Paypal, it does an instant transfer from your bank to your vendor, it takes seconds, and costs you nothing
    Thanks for the info on that, I never knew, I thought that you had to request money to be transferred from your bank into your Paypal which took a few days then you could pay whoever.

Ta.

Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

Dottie, do you know how up to date the stock levels are online with Big Brands?

One annoying thing with App Foods is lots of the stock could be out of stock but it isn't up to date on the site so you end up with less in your box or anything else if you ask for replacements.
      Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

I recieved mine today, some of the stuff I ordered they sent the wrong size, 280gm instead of 420gm, and the use by dates were quite short, as was the free stuff, but overall, still well worth it

Comment

Gave it a try this morning, but noticed the blurb said only the first 5000 customers, and there was no mention of the free stuff after I had placed my order. Will have to wait and see
          I put and order very early yesterday morning and arrived today. I got my free food items, although I could have done without 2 catering size spaghetti hoops ( I wish I kept some chickens ) and also they forgot the 1 x 3.5kg pizza base mix mentioned on the free food list. Overall I like to say that it was very good, I will be keeping an eye on them. I also ordered two large jars of prunes....they are catering size!!!! I will turn one into home made wine.
          My best regards
          Don Vincenzo

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vincenzo View Post
            I put and order very early yesterday morning and arrived today. I got my free food items, although I could have done without 2 catering size spaghetti hoops ( I wish I kept some chickens ) and also they forgot the 1 x 3.5kg pizza base mix mentioned on the free food list. Overall I like to say that it was very good, I will be keeping an eye on them. I also ordered two large jars of prunes....they are catering size!!!! I will turn one into home made wine.
            My best regards
            Don Vincenzo
            Gosh that was quick.

Interestingly my free list had said 2 catering packs of spaghetti, but I actually got 2 packs of 4 tins of Branstoun spaghetti. It's not something I eat much of either, but find tins of spaghetti or beans are handy to add to stews and stuff, to fill things out a bit.

Have you emailed them about your missing pizza base yet? I'm sure they'll be happy to replace it, as it's the packer who has failed to put it in.

I emailed them because my they had listed a free scone mix value 11.59, but the packer had put in a scone and doughnut mix value 5.99. I was happy to receive the wrong mix as I'd already purchased the scone mix, but it meant the free food value was short. So they asked what I'd like instead, I requested some Loyd Grossman Risotto base, expected just a couple of packets to make up the value. But they sent me a whole box (20 packs) RRP £43.80 a few days later.

I'm undecided about trying the prunes, as I don't know if I like them, but at £1 for a large jar I'm tempted.

Comment

I recieved mine today, some of the stuff I ordered they sent the wrong size, 280gm instead of 420gm, and the use by dates were quite short, as was the free stuff, but overall, still well worth it
              Send them an email if your order is not as requested, give them the opportunity of sorting things out.

Regarding the use by dates, all of these websites are set up to sell cheap food that has passed its official sell-by date, that's why they are able to sell them off in bulk. But if dates are important to you, when you check on each product, it will tell the Best Before date and then you can decide if you want it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 21again View Post
                Dottie, do you know how up to date the stock levels are online with Big Brands?

One annoying thing with App Foods is lots of the stock could be out of stock but it isn't up to date on the site so you end up with less in your box or anything else if you ask for replacements.
                I've only placed 1 order so far with them, but if you look at the bottom of each product on the website, it clearly states in white writing if certain items are out of stock. I would have thought they can't be totally up to date with stock levels, due to the fact that loads of folk could place an order at the same time. However when I looked back on the site to check your question out, some items that had been in stock when I ordered, were now stating out of stock. So I'd say they seem to be keeping up to date at the moment and in fact have now put another offer on, but then I've only known about the site and placed an order within the last 10 days or so.

Comment

Can someone please tell me where I find the free food list or do you get that when you order?

Comment

I'm not sure the same offer is on anymore, maybe they have had 5000 orders.

When I checked the site earlier and they had another offer on. So you could be too late, for the one I mentioned here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie View Post

When I checked the site earlier and they had another offer on. So you could be too late, for the one I mentioned here.
                      It's ok, there are still some good deals on there without the freebies.

Have you tried the Scone and Doughnout mix Dottie, if so is it worth buying?

Comment

No I've not tried the scone or pizza mix, just the chilli noodles so far.

I roasted some marrow rings with chicken breasts sitting on top, so all the juices from the chicken, olive oil and seasoning soaked into the marrow. Yum yum.

Comment

My order number was only 287
                          Last edited by Davyburns; 06-08-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I got my delivery this morning. I ordered pizza base and soup to the value of about £13 and got pretty much the same freebies as Dottie. Some aren't things I would have rushed out to buy but it will all get used and for the price, it was fantastic value.

I had rather underestimated the amount of pizza mix though I think the Family Seahorse, all our friends, neighbours and anyone we can chase down in the street will have to help us dispose of it
                            I was feeling part of the scenery
                            I walked right out of the machinery
                            My heart going boom boom boom
                            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                            I've come to take you home."

Comment

Many thanks for the heads up!!!

Following reading this excellent thread I took a look at the site in question
                              and ordered some stuff. Very pleased. Very helpful staff
                              as I managed to use the wrong code and they let me know.

Will order again.

Comment

Send them an email if your order is not as requested, give them the opportunity of sorting things out.
                                Sent them an email 2 weeks ago, still no response

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X