Free food until 15th August @ Big Brands for Less

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free food until 15th August @ Big Brands for Less

I think this offer has now ended, maybe they have had 5000 customers already.

They have replaced it with another offer, but I don't know anything about it other than what you can read on the site below.

Big Brands For Less

Brandito Loaded Gun – Worth £22.44
    No Min Spend – Enter Coupon Code – BB4LBLG

Brandito More Cash In Your Pocket – Worth £31.14
    When You Spend £5 on shopping – Enter Coupon Code – BB4LMCP

Brandito Saving You Serious Money – Worth £60.84
    When You Spend £10 on shopping – Enter Coupon Code – BB4LSYSM

Offer running until 15th August 2010.

I tested it out prior to putting the offer on here and had delivery via TNT at 8.35am today. I was only really interested in case or catering pack offers, as these are where I felt you saved the most money, making P&P worth while. As I have a £1 shop, Wilkinson's and all major supermarkets on my doorstep, so I’m used to regular good offers locally. But if you don’t have as much choice and maybe live out in the sticks or don’t have a car, then many of the regular products may well be of interest to you also.

The free food is added up via the original price, eg. 3.5kg Pizza Base Mix costs you £1 to buy via this site, but if you get it as a free food the value is £11.59.

I spent a total of £15.33 including P&P, in order to see what £60 of free food I would get. I received the following free food:

2 Erin Tomato & Basil Soupfulls
    2 x 500g Bero Plain Flour
    2 Branston Hot Chilli & Jalapeno Relish
    2 x Branston Spaghetti (8 x 410g tins)
    2 Bachelors Tuscan Tomato & Pasta Soupfulls
    1 x 3.5kg Scone & Doughnut Mix
    2 x Sharwoods Red Thai Curry Paste
    10 x Lloyd Grossman rice base
    1 x Sharwoods Balti
    1 x Sharwoods Spicy Tikka Masala
    1 x Pizza Mix
    2 x Tomato Ketchup
    2 x Sharwoods Madras Curry Paste

There are 2 other online sites (Approved Foods & Food Bargains) that I checked out prior to deciding on going for Big Brands for less. The deciding factor was making use of the free food promotion, first time use but the service I have received has been excellent.
    Last edited by Dottie; 05-08-2010, 07:36 PM. Reason: Offer ended

What do you do shop then put the code in then they pick what free goddies they send ?

Comment

Originally posted by winstonwobble View Post
      What do you do shop then put the code in then they pick what free goddies they send ?
      Yep you fill the basket with the things you want to buy and then at the bottom of the checkout page, you add the code relevant to the amount you spent, excluding p&p.

So I spent £10.08 on shopping and "They" selected £60 free food. Obviously they are going to pass on items that they have bought in bulk, but it's only food you receive no cleaning products etc, so I was happy to take a chance.

I could just have being lucky, but my free order seemed to be many of the items that I had viewed and maybe not bought or a repeat of some items I'd bought. So I was very happy with my free food, although I've now enough Pizza and Scone mix to last me a good few years. (1 x 3.5kg of Pizza base = makes 61 x 7" pizzas, I bought 1 and they sent me 1 free) So calzone here I come, with hopefully veg from the plot in future.

Comment

sounds good to me will give it a go in the morning

Comment

Yep and they've sent me an email informing me of new arrivals - M&S Lentil and Bacon soup 10 x tins for £1, M&S Baked beans 10 for £1 and Sharwoods Lemon and Ginger stir fry 10 x jars for £1. I might just have to do another £5 order for £30 of free food.

Comment

Gave it a try this morning, but noticed the blurb said only the first 5000 customers, and there was no mention of the free stuff after I had placed my order. Will have to wait and see

Comment

I think the 1st 5000 customers is just a standard marketing ploy, as in to speed folk up into fearing that they might miss out. But while they still have the offer up on site, your safe I should think. But it's a shame they don't mention once you've ordered that you are indeed one of the 5000.

How much free food are up for?

Comment

Thanks for this Dottie, I think I will give them a try as they have quite a few decent bargains on there.

I normally use Approved Foods but I don't think they have as many big bargains if you can call it that as they had when they first started.

Some of their prices are higher than the high street and I can buy a lot of the same things for either the same price or less in our local B&M or Home Bargains for less.

This site has a lot of flour bargains which is great as you can freeze it to extend the life.
                Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

I didn't know you could free flour to extend it's shelf life, so if you have a large freezer it would be worth buying a case of Pizza base and/or scone mix. That would work out at 25p for a 3.5kg bag, now that really is a bargain.

I agree regarding Approved Foods and the other on-line discount sites, in that they seem to stock a lot of Poundshop stuff. I mentioned this to Big Brands for less, who replied that these items are big sellers and they need to have a regular stock of stuff, to run alongside clearance/bulk stock as and when it comes available. So everyone is maybe not as lucky as we are, in having lots of local choice and bargains.

The sites I'm sure are much of a muchness, the attraction is just if they happen to have a bargain/bulk item that we feel we'll be able to get through. As I said in my first post, I tried Big Brands for less, just because they were giving away extra food. Good marketing ploy and seemed like a win win for both parties.

Comment

I suppose their free food compares slightly to the Lucky Box that they offer at Approved Foods.

The last one of those I had was full of tons of stuff, I suppose that was worth about £40+.

The only thing with the Big Brands site is it looks like you can only pay by Paypal.

I have a Paypal account with about £1 in it so I would have to transfer money from my debit card to it which takes a few days I think.
                    Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

I don't have a PayPal account and paid by credit card.

The lucky box you got sounds excellent, but I thought it said that the value was £5 and you pay £1? Can you remember what you received? As Approved Foods have an offer on of Ricola herb drops that I find helpful.

Comment

orderd my stuff yesterday will let you all know what i recieve

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie View Post
                          I don't have a PayPal account and paid by credit card.

The lucky box you got sounds excellent, but I thought it said that the value was £5 and you pay £1? Can you remember what you received? As Approved Foods have an offer on of Ricola herb drops that I find helpful.
                          That's good then, I just saw the Paypal sign on the front page and assumed that was the only way to pay, as I hadn't registered or got to a check out page.

They keep changing the Lucky Box prices, it is 99p now value up to £5.

The last one that I got said it was free but when I checked out it charged me £3 for it.

I emailed them but felt guilty when I received the box as there was so much stuff in it, I told them I didn't want a refund but they sent me one anyway.

The box was crammed full of stuff, I can't remember half of it.

Some of the things were, 4 packs KP dry roasted peanuts, bag of risotto rice, crisps, go ahead fruit slices, mars bars, snickers, cous cous and food stuff other than sweets but I can't remember now but there was quite a high value to it all.
                          Last edited by 21again; 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Sounds like Approved Foods managed to get rid of surplus stock and have now reduced the lucky box, so you only get £4 of free goods. Which is not enough of an offer for me to get my interest or order.

I was really pleased with the fact that Big Brands for less didn't send me loads of sweets, biscuits, cake, nuts and stuff. Because I do my best not to buy or eat such items when I go shopping. So the fact that I only received food, meant I had no excuse not to eat healthy meals and not snacks between meals.

Comment

Originally posted by 21again View Post

I have a Paypal account with about £1 in it so I would have to transfer money from my debit card to it which takes a few days I think.
                              I use Paypal all the time, and never ever have any money in it. You can set a Bank Account up so as soon as you try to pay via Paypal, it does an instant transfer from your bank to your vendor, it takes seconds, and costs you nothing
                              Last edited by Davyburns; 04-08-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X