No announcement yet.

Gloves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say I wear gloves for handling nasties (brambles, nettles etc) and for digging and any 'major' weeding, but for planting and weeding between plants I prefer not to wear them, tho if its cold, then I'd rather keep my hands warm than get them chilled! Suppose I must be a bit of a wimp really! lol!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
      SS - my gloves have arrived and will be trying them this weekend! Think those of you who don't wear glove are lucky - having Raynards Syndrome (poor circulation in the ends of the fingers and toes) it means I (although I don't want to!) have to keep the fingers covered at most times. DDL
      PS Anyone offering to do my digging for me? Save my fingers? LOL
      DDL........I was sure I had heard of Reynard (with an e, as pictured)

Just googled Raynard and see you can get special gloves for it! I suppose I am lucky that I aint got Raynards, or Arthritis or rhematism yet!
      I have got Spondulosis but just medicate myself with red wine and that seems to do the trick! Makes for a few wonky seed rows but what the heck! You'll just have to get the whip out to Mr DDL to get that digging done!
      Attached Files
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
        Have to say I wear gloves for handling nasties (brambles, nettles etc) and for digging and any 'major' weeding, but for planting and weeding between plants I prefer not to wear them, tho if its cold, then I'd rather keep my hands warm than get them chilled! Suppose I must be a bit of a wimp really! lol!
        I used to use heavy hammers a lot (Smithing) The worst thing you can do is wear gloves when holding spades/hammers as it gives you blisters! Always go 'naked' (on your hands) when digging if possible! Put a bit of barrier cream on before you start and your hands will scrub up nice and clean afterwards!

If your hands are getting cold, you're not digging fast enough!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

TOP DOG Snadger! I really appreciate your post! Actually, I'm very protective of my lottie - it's mine and I am the one who will be digging it - OH's assistance will be with the fencing (coz I'm not strong enough to do it) and also, believe it or not, the laying down of the paths and borders - only because I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler!
          Even the Chair of the lottie site was surprised when he realised that it was me that was going to be sorting it out, not my OH! (aparently they had a chat when OH was putting up my shed for me - another task I couldnt manage!)
          Hey Snadger - keep taking the wine - I find it helps with most problems! DDL
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

[QUOTE=Snadger If your hands are getting cold, you're not digging fast enough![/QUOTE]

Just read this! What a hoot!!! DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by supersprout View Post
              Hope you enjoy em DDL, nothing like the right tools for the job eh
              Congrats on all that digging
              Hi SS - well just spent this morning down on the lottie - well armed, well "handed" with my new thermal gloves - they worked a TREAT! as the weather temperature dropped and there was a nasty fog closing in - am very impressed! the rubber bit on the palm gave a good grip and the thermal bit of the material made sure my fingers were kept nice and warm! I'm just SO pleased to be able to have a pair of decent, warm gardening gloves. THANK YOU. DDL
              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

So pleased they worked for you DDL!

Last edited by supersprout; 03-02-2007, 01:58 PM.
                SSx
                not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X