This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snoop that sounds like a good laugh!
    After all the 'frenzy' of getting plots ready for inspection, today will be pottering in the garden, little bit of weeding and potting on to do.
    I'll pop in, now and again, for a little wedding watching - certainly won't be glued to the TV on such a lovely sunny day.
    Have a good'un everyone - make the most of the sunshine

Comment

Good morning all.
      A beautiful sunny morning, already 16 deg.
      Off out to water and feed all the greenhouse plants.
      Flowers on my tomatoes, chillies and my Aran Pilot potatoes.
      After all that it will be playing pitch and putt.

Delighted you got the job Cariann.
      I won't be watching the wedding but will catch the highlights tonight.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Congratulations, Cariann. Great news. When do you start?
        I start on Tuesday
        Carrie

Comment

Afternoon all,a hot one again,Snoop what is the stuff called rain you talk off,it's 1 extreme to another here,
          Well done carrie and the best of luck lass,wish i knew of a strong young local lad,to come help forward my still in the wings/part started,garden make over,family seem to be to busy with their own,youngest does his best bless him,it's so depressing,and i not coping to well with everything at the mo,MR got an appointement in the post for biopsy results,the 19th of next month,seems a buddy long while for what we are hoping to eliminate,zips it shut,still waiting for my beans re sow to show up,will pop plot later for a water and a looksee Bgood 2yrselves
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

My but there's a lot of compost in a dalek
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              My but there's a lot of compost in a dalek
              Mine was full of eggshells!

Congrats Carrie.

What a beautiful day. My daughter and I emptied the garden of all the detritus left when I had the tree canopy thinned earlier on this year. I now have a blank canvas. We chose today as there were a couple of events on somewhere that we weren’t particularly interested in but thought it might mean the queue for the tip would be reasonable instead of so long it’s out on the road. We were right. The first visit there was one person in front of us. That was about 11am. Subsequent visits, no queue. . So that worked.

We started to build the tool shed I bought last year but nothing was straight and the screws weren’t long enough. There’s no way anyone could put it together on their own. It’s at the stage where I can finish it myself tomorrow. Screwdriver’s back on charge.

I ache all over, and am sitting here with a glass of prosecco. I think I’ve done enough today to deserve it. Time to watch the wedding highlights.
              Last edited by JanieB; 19-05-2018, 07:16 PM.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all
                Mist again!...gonna be a stonker though

Deffo gardening of some sort today..loads to choose from too!
                But first things first....kettle on!
                Enjoy the weekend peeps....see ya later!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning All

Already warm outside, which is lovely....but the smell of cooking bacon is even better

Few little jobs to do then it's off to the plots....have a super Sunday
                  Last edited by Greenleaves; 20-05-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Morning, the suns out birds are singing I've done a bit of early morning watering and planting

Only downer is the slugs have part eaten through one of my sunflowers I've splinted it so will see if it survives I've got others but will give this one a chance.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Morning all. I’ve been up for more than 2hrs now. Had tea, breakfast, done the crossword. It’s another glorious morning and I have a shed to finish building. I’m going to make a more substantial floor though as the one it came with is made of ldf and isn’t robust enough to be a floor for an outside shed. In fact when daughter stood on it she cracked it.

I still ache all over from yesterday. I hope to get as far as levelling the part of the garden I want to turf.

Laters.
                      Last edited by JanieB; 20-05-2018, 06:59 AM.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

Good Morning All Hot again here too. Room Service has brought a cup of tea so relaxing. Knees woke me much earlier - they were screaming! Potatoes in though My compost was full of egg shells too Janie - I'm hoping it helps to keep the slugs off. Have a good day

Comment

Hello, hello again. What a bright morning. Have filled a dumper truck full of muck to be shifted. Hard work and glad it's done. Anyway, more muck shifting to be done as Mr Snoop will be arming himself with the rotavator (should it be rotovator?) and finishing off more beds with me.

Potatoes got planted yesterday. Today it's the turn of toms, peppers and aubergines (cheated - peppers and aubergines bought as plug plants, life's too short this year). Depending on how things go, I'll see about a tromba pergola (inspiration provided by bits of rebar and some heavy-duty fencing). Tomorrow, I'll be sowing peas and climbing beans and maybe squash, courgettes and melons.

So, busy, busy again. Have a great day everyone. Especially Cariann. Hope you have a great week in your new job.

Comment

We have cool and overcast today, still dry and pleasant though, everything is growing but not as fast as the grass!!

Comment

Morning all. Nice day yesterday, OH was out yesterday on a 100+ mile bike ride while I had children. Kept going in and out of house to cool down as so hot out. In the afternoon I left youngest at a friend's house, then eldest and I went for a swim in another friends outdoor pool - lovely!

Bit of time in the garden this morning then meeting family for Sunday lunch at their caravan. Looking at the forecast I'm going to be baking at work this week but have a sneaky solo swim in my friends pool planned for Wednesday while OH at work and children in school

Have a good Sunday peeps
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

My Son-in-Law is running the 10k in Manchester today for Macmillan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X