Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did half the quantity as Ididn't have enough suet.

It does make quite a lot....but it's not a rich, strong flavoured mix, so can be used on things like porridge without being in yr face if you know what I mean?

Out of choice I'd do the full quantity as I can see it disappearing fast!

Mine took more like 4hrs to cook off the liquid down to a decent thickness...maybe I had it on a too low heat?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Time to get out the big pan methinks. I'm being offered apples, pears and other fruit people have a glut of that I don't grow. I have green tomatoes because I planted them out late and they don't have a cat in hells chance of ripening.

I've just ordered a new sewing machine online. I've put this off for years. I needed one about 45 years ago and my then husband asked my sil to find out which one I wanted. I told her the one I really liked and gave one or two other options as it was rather expensive. I also told her which one I wouldn't touch in a month of sundays. She got them the wrong way round. I got stuck with the specific one I didn't want. I couldn't look ungracious and looked delighted at the time. But it's not like underwear that's the wrong size. You can't take it back secretly and exchange for the right one. So I've been stuck with it for all these years. It was a generally good basic workhorse for a few years until my eldest got hold of it and sewed his motorbike leathers with it. He also managed to lose the attachments. This was 30 years ago. I have struggled along with it ever since. Having ended up several times recently hand sewing things the machine should cope with easily, I've given in.

I have curtains and cushion cover material that have been hanging around for years waiting to be made up, the winter is on its way.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post

had gogle,can you use oil Nicos.
        did you notice which type of oil?
        I do have some rather lovely coconut oil...mmm.....bet that would work!

I'm going to have to have a go with that aren't I????
        Do you think the flavour would be too strong?
        Coconuts and oranges are Xmas flavours aren't they?

Comment

• I now have 14 pints of stewed apple juice ready for tomorrow to make apple chilli jelly.
          Fed up of being stuck in the kitchen...time to play outside and get mucky!

Comment

• Evening all, been a little bit cooler today.
            Had a sort out of the kitchen, not difficult as it’s quite small.
            Swapped a few bits around and hey presto, my kitchen looks a million times better.
            But - not enough better to fit in my airfryer, which has been sitting in the porch. Along with a few other gadgets that are still to be used
            All that and food shopping as well
            Hope you all enjoyed your day
            PS I did actually do a really nice pork roast too
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• ^^^Roast pork with crackling?mmmmm.....!
              Can't get crackling over here...boo hoo....

Comment

• Nicos,it just said suet or oil,type in green tomato mincemeat,it's the first 1 up on my PC,from allrecipes.com.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• OK! thanks.
                  Will try later in the week with same weight of coconut oil.
                  Too yummy not to make more!

Funny how some recipes are OK but others grasp yr taste buds eh?

Comment

• just looked at another recipe and it doe's NOT use suet or oil,so that should cut the fat content out,plus less liquid means less cooking time,have a look on line.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Will do...thanks lottie x

Comment

• Pre-Mornin n'alln'all
                        No thanks Hibou.....I really don't fancy a mousey snack...

So that's me wide awake now at stupido'clock.fr

Just realised..it's October! Good grief...how did that sneak upon us?
                        These unusually warm daytime temperatures have certainly lulled me into hanging onto the feeling of summer.
                        I even got tan marks on my shoulders a few days ago!!!!

Just looking outside, I think we are in for another frost.....

Time for a cuppa ...I see there are a few grapes around just now...help yourselves!

Comment

• Good Morning All Rushing - it's late for me - have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            October all ready, where has the year gone?
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning everyone, brrr it's a chilly one! As you say can't believe it's October already!

Well the jars that I ordered to make more chutney have not turned up. Ordered from a seller on Am@zon Marketplace, never again. After contacting Am@zon, they are refunding the cost, well done to them. Now all I have to do is go shopping for the jars the old fashioned way, maybe I should have done that in the first place.

Anyhoo domestics first although I don't have much to do. We were in Ayrshire again this weekend and came back to a beautifully clean, neat and tidy house courtesy of our son...yay!

Hope you all have a great day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, another glorious sunny day here
                                Sheets etc are on the line, drying nicely in the breeze
                                Working this afternoon, and 1st October means resuming diet
                                Been good so far, but that’s only breakfast lol
                                Got to kick that sugar addiction I have
                                Have a lovely day folks
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X