X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rant? Lumpy's day.

And headaches.

Oh! oh! I've got another one. 7yo managed to acquire a black eye by thumping the side of his head on his bunk in the night. I explained the injury when I dropped him off at his holiday club, and got the response of a suspicious look and a long, sceptical, "hmmm...."

Felt like saying, "No, I didn't give him this black eye, but I will happily supply you with one, if you like?"

It's actually really upset me, because the 7yo has all sorts of (thankfully mild) behavioural issues because of past trauma (He's adopted, came to us when he was two. And, btw, brought with him a bolt of such pure, wild, unadulerated joy, I have been his slave ever since) and because we've been working really hard at helping him feel more secure, we've hit a really happy place as a family which feels beautiful, but also fragile. The thought of contact with social services re-traumatising him at this stage is so offensive and frightening...

That said, I know a) it's not that likely: I had a meeting (at my request) with the holiday club manager recently to discuss how best to support the 7yo and b) if they think he is at risk, it's only right and proper they should act on it.

But mostly I wish she'd had the decency to pretend she believed me, so I hadn't had to work to hard at keeping my own anxiety in check today... Grrrr.

Comment

• Thankfully 1Bee it’s the people like you and yours that make a phenomenal difference to the kids that need it to progress in life.
      If there was a ‘clap’ icon on this site I would be making my hands sore.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• self-contained: ...and an Asian pear
        I love Asian pears too, very few places stock them regularly though Tesco my best bet I think.

Been betting online on and off last couple hours, mixed success but I am modestly up at the moment. Was looking at the 6.15 at Chelmsford; horse running with insanely high odds of 150/1!? 'Normally' that implies the jockey would have more chance with a Pogo stick, and I'd steer clear. But with only five running in total I figured it'd be worth a couple of quid each way, you never know do you, outside chance of a place if the leading contenders are jostling each other. Well, with impeccable timing that was the moment I took a phone call, and was duly distracted.. Guess what position that 'no hoper' finished?

Comment

• Flaming builder didn't turn up again to point my chimney! Beginning to think this guy is a joke. Hopefully he will turn up tomorrow.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Clients who agree a deadline and then the day before try to renegotiate to add in more work. Not happening this time, as it's totally and utterly impossible.

Comment

• (All is well, in case you were wondering. )

Comment

• Which bit of ‘Wet Paint’ do you not understand!!!!!!
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• To sort a minor argument out I looked up how dogs and cats see colour. That is "colour" not "color". Even the British were spelling it the american way. Grrrrh. I already knew the answer. They don't.
                  Last edited by JanieB; 27-10-2018, 05:00 PM.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• ^It's a losing battle. I use the Web a lot for research. It's nigh on impossible now to find the names of pharaohs and the like in their British English spelling. Everyone will end up writing American eventually, I reckon.

Comment

• Headaches.

Noisy hotels.

People who pay good money to go to the theatre then treat it like their living room and try to talk through the whole thing (but at least they shut up and apologised when I asked them to).

Looooooong coach journeys.

It getting cold enough to need gloves.

Comment

• Run Free Little Girl.

Pip the Plop died in my arms at home on Thursday.
                        She was an ancient old dog and a Staffie. Staffie's have a very bad rep thanks to the irresponable 'nasties' that train them.
                        She was gentle, affectionate and one of the most beautiful dogs we have ever had and trust me we have had alot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0257.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	2381268
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• My rant - Lumpy's loss. :'-(

Comment

• Heart wrenching loss lumpy. I think every dog owner should rescue a Staffie at least once.

Today's rant - Mice.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Lumpers...

We got rats at the plot... might have to rescue a terrier...
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• So sorry for your loss, Lumpy :-(

I have a 10-year-old Springer, and I keep telling myself he's immortal.

I guess my rant would be - Why do dogs have such short lives?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X