Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've jumped through all the hoops and done everything I'm supposed to do, but in its typical chaotic style, my employer has once again demonstrated how little it cares for its individual employees. I may now be unable to work for the foreseeable future. I've spent so much time and had so many sleepless nights while I've been sorting out this nonsense recently but ticking the final box is completely out of my hands and it's looking increasingly likely that it's not going to happen in time.

I'm upset (and unlikely to sleep tonight), but not particularly surprised.

It's possible that it will all get sorted out in time and I have sent a desperate email to the top boss to ask for some help. However, that won't bring back the hours of sleep I've missed or make up for the stress I feel right now.

Pah! Just have to see what tomorrow brings...

Comment

• My swede seedlings are about the size of the smallest swede seedling you’ve ever seen,a couple of days old & I just saw a cabbage white go to each seedling,quickly going to each one,it’s laid one egg per tiny seedling I can’t believe it!

Comment

• Okay, with regards to my above moan, the top boss did, in fact, sort it all out in time.

However, to continue the rant theme, I was so stressed yesterday that I barely ate, or drank and didn't get off to sleep until after 3am. Then I got up this morning having overslept a bit and realised it was friday the blooming thirteenth. I'm having a flare of a health problem. I got out the door a bit late. A disgusting man leered and whistled at me from his van. It drizzled a bit as I was walking to my bus-stop; not enough to help the garden (which would have made me happy), but enough to frizz my hair. Missed my bus by about 15 seconds so was late to work. Really busy and hot in work and every time I went to get a drink of water, someone wanted me for something so I have had nothing all day. My boss was in one of his weird moods. Nothing I went to do was straightforward. Got about a third of the way home (walking) and realised I really should have had a drink before I left work.

Bah. So, Friday the thirteenth indeed. Thank goodness it's the weekend.

Comment

• Why do Horseflies think I taste so good? Last couple have taken such a large mouthful that I actually felt them biting me...

Comment

• In the '50s, '60s and probably the '70s us rural consumers were lucky enough to be able to buy locally grown produce from our local shops. Nowadays the suppliers send the produce to the highest bidder ie. supermarkets. Nought wrong with that if said supermarkets stocked said produce in the rural shops. But they don't. A friend of mine has her shopping delivered and now adds the stuff I can't buy locally any more to her shopping list. Lately, although suppliers still produce what we need it is getting more and more difficult to get them. It's not all fresh stuff, it's also packaged stuff. I can no longer get seafood cocktail, banana instant whip/angel delight, large bottles of vinegar (for making pickle), larger bottles of Worcestershire Sauce, peshwari naan, lime marmalade, wholemeal pita bread, strawberry icecream (the cheap stuff not haagen das etc needed for a specific recipe), juniper berries. I could go on. Why do supermarkets think that in rural areas we are less interested in this stuff than the urban customers?
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Simple economics Janie, space costs money so shops won't give space to things that don't sell. Independents have less buying power and customers want local produce at supermarket prices hence the independants can't compete.

No business is going to run at a loss just to keep customers happy.

My rant....supermarkets

Comment

• My rant - First World problems.

Comment

• A bit early to rant but....

I have just listened to a radio artical about a former drug dealer trying to justify why he did it, he blamed everyone else and failed to see he had a choice...18 months inside and believes he has paid his debt to society. Just annoyed me, drug dealers should get life, meaning life in my opinion.

Comment

• Blooming fruit flies in my indoor worm bin.

Comment

• JanieB, it's not only in the U.K. Here in Israel filled chocolate bars produced here cost more than the same product sold in New York. Also fruit yoghourt made here cost less in Berlin than in Tel Aviv.

Comment

• Tried to transfer some cash from Ulster Bank to my current account at another bank. Got so far on net and then found I needed card and card reader. Phoned them but couldn't remember what an ID I'd used was so no cash. Card and reader are on their way. Lucky don't need it urgently.
                        Why didn't they issue card and reader when account opened?
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• I have a crumble in the oven but I washed all my tea towels this afternoon. How am I supposed to get it out?

<Wanders off to look for the oven gloves that must be on a pile of unsorted laundry somewhere>

Comment

• Because of the heat which has made my little fat fingers swell up even more I have had to take my wedding snake (so ring) off.
                            First time in nearly 25 years.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• It actually rained.
                              Well, a couple of drops not even enough to get me or the path wet.
                              Boo
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• My fingers have swollen too, Lumpy but no rings to remove here because noooobody loves me.

Edit: Oh, I suppose that wasn't really a rant. Here we go instead:

It's raining enough that I don't want to go out but not enough to water my plants. So do
                                i go out in the rain and be miserable and get frizzy hair, or leave my plants to grasp desperately at whatever drops they can get?
                                Last edited by self-contained; 16-07-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X