Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is probably a major rant. I have (had) a car and several of my friends don't drive. In our small rural town, it is often difficult to get to appointments in other nearby towns because the buses don't go there, so I drive them. This morning I was supposed to take my friend for a hospital appointment. Off I set a bit early as I needed some money from an ATM and some fuel.

There's a roundabout just down from me and I was turning right and had right of way. Some bl00dy idiot coming up to said roundabout from opposite decided not to slow down or even stop and wrote off my car. Noone was hurt although I think we were both badly shaken.

It's not just the inconvenience to my friend who had to go by bus. This is a journey to the bus station and then another bus back out to the hospital. I've now spent 4 hours dealing with the admin that's involved .... insurance, empty the car, book hire car, witnesses etc. Am now sitting with a large g+t which I wouldn't normally touch at this time of the week let alone this time of the day.

Now I have several forms to fill in that they want asap. I'm just taking a break to have this rant.

I loved that car, but it's only metal and noone was hurt.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Glad you are not hurt,just the aftermath is an absolute PITA,hope you get sorted out,
      my rant is,i always think this heat fryes peeps brains,as a lot seem to not concentrate what the ek they up to.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• My glass-topped garden table is no longer glass-topped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180702_145803 glass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	2379090
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I am putting this in as a major rant.
          My daughter, son in law and their daughter are in France on holiday.
          They took the train into Paris yesterday for a day of sightseeing.
          On the way back my son in laws wallet was stolen blatantly from his pocket.
          He chased the guy but had no luck catching him.
          This has almost ruined a much needed holiday.
          They had to cancel last years holiday as my son in laws mother died and they lost their deposit.
          What horrible there are in the world preying on others.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Dear Mr Jobsworth,

It is very rude that you wouldn't stay and listen to me make you aware of how pointless your 'signing for the delivery' is

At no point did you ask who I was
            You have no record of my true signature
            You did not ask for id
            I may look old for my age and actually be under 18 (ok that is a big stretch )
            Electrical devices distort my signature
            Your screen didn't catch the imprint properly
            What is me signing really meant to prove?

You could have delivered it elsewhere with someone else signing and what it would actually come down to is my word against yours.

You should have just let my youngest sign, now when I see you next time I is gonna be a pain in ass and sign it Minnie with a smiley face x

Comment

• Reading Brambles rant. Scummy people

Comment

• A fellow plot holder who came and stood toe to toe with me and threatened physical abuse should I turn off his hose again when he is not on his plot and its been left running!
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Well, I was going to complain about hail (third volley in half an hour), but the above rants make that just seem pathetic. Scumbags aplenty in this world. Just as well we're not all like that.

Comment

• Went to Hampton Court yesterday.

I enjoyed looking at the plant, speaking to the exibitors, and making a few purchases.

There were two very large beds of Verbena bonariensis, which looked really good.

Unfortunately it was spoiled by some peoples' stupidity and selfishness.

The marquee was too big and it overheated. They did have a few fans but idiots employed by RHS often stood in front of them blocking the air

Going back to the station the SWT bods kept us in the sun for age.

The 17:35 took 55 minutes to get to Clapham instead of 25/27. No aircon on SWT and lot of windows were left closed. No one even opened the doors to get a breath of air in. Due to the funereal pace little air came in. I felt very nauseous.

Bought two mochas, we threw them in bin so watery. Didn't have time to take them back.

Started to feel better on Southern train as it had air con BUT the train was rammed and there was a young woman who was avoiding eye contact and was sitting in aisle seat whilst window seat empty. She got huffy when I gave her a gentle pod. Didn't give me much room to get off.

I still don't fell too good.
                    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• My back is sore from this mornings treatment,booooohoooooo
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Quality control these days

What has happened to quality control these days i ask myself, bought a gooseberry plant online from a very well known supplier and received it today, brown edged leaves fading to yellow, two minuscule new grows appearing and it looks very very sad, I have bought better quality plants from Wilko/Lidl.

Needless to say i have complained and awaiting the result before I leave feedback.

Someone must have seen this plant before it was dispatched.

Just cant get the staff these day it seems ?

Comment

• SCAMMERS ALERT,
                          just had a phone call,something about a law suit against me,ring them back ASP,apart from know nothing,the biggest give away is,noone rings you,you get a wad of papers through the door,who do they think they are trying kid,but on a serious note,a person could panic and ring them without thinking about it,and the voice was NOT from overseas this time,phone NO 02039620717,apparently from the London area,it seems they use other no with the same area code,have looked on goggle,stay safe,be alert.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinningStudio View Post
                            What has happened to quality control these days i ask myself, bought a gooseberry plant online from a very well known supplier and received it today, brown edged leaves fading to yellow, two minuscule new grows appearing and it looks very very sad, I have bought better quality plants from Wilko/Lidl.

Needless to say i have complained and awaiting the result before I leave feedback.

Someone must have seen this plant before it was dispatched.

Just cant get the staff these day it seems ?
                            Plants are finding it hard to stay alive outside with this weather,they must overheat & dehydrate getting packaged about hopefully water & shade will improve them,gooseberries are quite hard plants good luck!

Comment

• My plants are screaming in pain.
                              Thermometer in the shade with a breeze on it just read 28o
                              Plummer due Saturday or Sunday to refit outside tap.
                              Trying to water our garden with a watering can is a joke.
                              I’ve tried just to keep the toms, raspberries and pretties that the bees rely on going.
                              Oh piggin ell.
                              Please universe give us some rain.
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I am a site rep, not the person who decided that water over the plots would be temporarily suspended. You all got the same email as I did.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X