Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, Cad can't be easy for the two of you, thinking of you both.
    -1c in the greenhouse this morning, also had a woodpecker visiting the feeders this morning, that's the first I have seen it this winter, well out to the coffee morning, might pay for it today just as a wee surprise for OH, yes I could I've got a couple of shillings in my pocket, and its by donations so should be ok,keep warm take care when out walking or driving, and enjoy the day
    Last edited by rary; 28-12-2017, 09:37 AM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Cad, just a thought. Does Mrs Cad have an alert button thingy that she can press if she has a fall? My Mum has one and someone comes with an inflatable cushion thing to lift her back on her feet. Its really good, especially if you're having difficulty lifting her yourself. Its also peace of mind for you if you should need to leave her alone for a while.
      NO Button thing, my understanding is that they work like a mobile phone and send a message to someone a nominated person. Until recently leaving her on her own has not been a problem, I was on the allotment one Sunday morning when my daughter was also working Sundays and she fell but had her mobile so rang me and I had to dash home and get her up.

The problem is her legs are not very flexible and when she goes down normally one knee takes a bashing. I would be interested in anything that keeps her stable or at least helps me get her up if she does have a tumble. I'm hoping the consultant is going to advise on the best type of zimmer or walking aid on the 9th Jan.

She has not got no strength in the muscles in her arms to help lift herself and the arthritis in her wrists doesn't help. She is basically just a dead weight. I could hang tyres around he like a barge I suppose, stupid thing is she had just stopped letting me help her around and was feeling better and stronger, and my daughter said I was not helping her by helping her too much anyway.
      Last edited by Cadalot; 28-12-2017, 11:03 AM.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

My MIL had an OT who came out to assess what aids etc she needed...maybe the consultant will get the ball rolling for you both?
        I can feel your frustration and caring from here x
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My Mum's alert thing goes through to a call centre and she can speak to them via the button picked up by the box attached to the house phone. She doesn't have a mobile phone. The call centre sends someone to help her but they do need a key safe outside the house for access.
          Mum called them in the middle of the night and they came quickly, got her up and put her to bed. I wasn't contacted by the call centre. Presumably they would have done if there was a problem and she needed care.

Comment

• How does Mrs C manage to get up out of a chair? A zimmer frame may be best to help her to move around the house. But make sure you get 2 zimmer frames, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. You don't want to be carting the zimmer up and down the stairs all the time.
            Carrie

Comment

• Good morning all.
              So sorry to hear things are so difficult for you cad.
              We have the same weather ad VC.
              Everything shiney and sparkly with a temp of minus 3.
              Have a good day all and stay safe and warm.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning,

No allotment for me today. Only been to the bottom of the garden to clean the rabbit cage and it is freezing out. I have let Denero out to have a run around the garden. He loves running around the back garden.
                Not sure what I am going to do today. Hope you all have a good day
                Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                  and Janie, our son and daughter had that game, Cards Against Humanity, but my wife and I were told they would not be playing it till we left, so don't really know how it is played.
                  They're paying too much heed to your sensibilities. It can be extremely rude but is usually very funny. Definitely not to be played by any prudes.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                    How does Mrs C manage to get up out of a chair? A zimmer frame may be best to help her to move around the house. But make sure you get 2 zimmer frames, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. You don't want to be carting the zimmer up and down the stairs all the time.
                    We have a chair in the front room that tips her out, when her legs are not so good I get her vertical or stand in front whilst she tries to stand so I can offer support and act as a human zimmer. When her legs are better she waddles from there. Normally I take everything to the kitchen but she brought out some stuff and was on her way back to the chair, as she'd had a good few days, when she lost her balance and went down like a ton of bricks. Looking on the bright side at least it's carpet and underlay and not laminated flooring there anymore!

Some times it takes two of us to lift her up from the bed, as the muscles in her legs will not always allow her to stand from sitting. She will no longer let me lift her on my own as she says it's too much for me on my own.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• My Mum uses a wheeled walking aid with a tray on it, for carrying things from room to room. Give her support and she can concentrate on walking, not carrying.

http://www.dlf.org.uk/factsheets/walking#twelve
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-12-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon, sorry to hear about Mrs. Cad, hope she didn't hurt herself!

Lovely sunny day here but extremely cold. Feeling better today so washings on and some tidying up to be done after Christmas Day. Looks as though snow is on the way for tomorrow. Can't believe the carry in at the airports down south. The actress Fay Ripley tweeted that she and her fellow passengers were kept on board a R***air plane, on the runway for 10 yes 10 hours!! How can that possibly be allowed?

Anyhoo, hope you have a lovely day and the weather is not too bad where you are.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,heavy frost earlier on,now chilly sunshine.
                          Sorry to hear that Cads,i would hold off from buying any aids untill you seen the consultant,you most likely will get them given,just ask,plus they work with the patient on how to use them safely,hope it helps a bit sharing with us lot,Bgood2yourselves.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I understand that on these cut price flights they have pay toilets and some of them have no seats but hanging straps , as you are getting off at the next stop.

Comment

• Don't give them any more ideas boatsman!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Flying used to be all part of the experience of getting away now it's just a means to an end. Don't know know why on arrival at the airport we just put all our belongings, including our clothes into a crate, they could give us one of those white forensic suits to wear and when we get to our destination give us our belongings back. No doubt they would charge us storage for our belongings and also for the suit!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X