This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all
    My granny used to knit rows of different coloured squares and sew them together to make small blankets about 4ft x4ft and they were sent abroad for charity by her church.
    In all the years I knew her unless she was cooking, she'd be sat there knitting squares.

Got to fill in our French Census form today...apart from that nothing major planned...I'll play it by ear...

Have a great day peeps...
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all,dry,bit of blue in with the grey clouds,have a good day,Bgood 2yourselfes.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, its icy cold out and we've got a bit of snow leftover from yesterday so its made the pavements slippery
        I used to do a lot of knitting but now its only the odd baby gift and some cotton dishcloths.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Cold, bright and dry. Just 3 deg.
          1st February, St Brigids day.
          I went to St. Brigid school and we used to get the day off.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Gosh!....bramble-I hadn't realised it was February!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Gosh!....bramble-I hadn't realised it was February!
              That's an age thing Nicos, where you loose track of the days and months, or so I have heard, you will need to check with someone like VC about that, I am too young to speak from experience
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well what a lovely few days I have had!

Met up with an old friend last night I haven't seen in thirty odd years!

Shared a bottle of red! (And a bit more) over a curry in an establishment in the centre of Bingley!

Lovely atmosphere although the place was packed, service was exceptional and the food was to die for!

Not something I normally do! But do it again I would do tomorrow!

A little "Ragged" around the edges today, so back to gardening in the morning!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Gee thanks rary!...

Sounds like fun Deano...would that be an infant school friend then

Always good to keep up with close friends you've not seen for a while....funny how you instantly click again isn't it?

I met up with a friend in the uk I've not seen for a few years and we too had a fantastic time together...she looked just the same!...me on the other hand....

Comment

• Yeah! Crazy init! Just chatted as nothing changed!

But that was 30 years ago!!!!!!!
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Ha! ....I can just imagine you comparing swapsies of bubble gum cards..

Comment

• Good afternoon, a bright but cold day today, there's a cold wind blowing all the time but nice if you can find shelter from it, not doing much garden wise as I have now got a head cold, oh and wife who is not speaking to me for some reason, I don't know why, she was all right this morning, and now I was looking through deals on Amazon and offered to buy her some anti wrinkle, anti aging oil but got no answer, so it's something I have done before that I will need to think on this, catch you later going to collect the boys shortly
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Afternoonio. Very cold and miserable here. Snow due up in the hills today and down here in the valley at the weekend. Don't think it will amount to much, if anything. But the dirt tracks are awful afterwards even if it looks pretty at the time.

Got more firewood on order. Nothing like having supplies in to make you feel cosy. Plenty of food in too if you don't mind eating chickpeas and flageolet beans, which I don't, so I'm all right Jack. How's that for unbearable smugness?

Hope you all have a good afternoon. Rary, you could of course say you need the cream. Buy an expensive one and she's bound to use it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            Hope you all have a good afternoon. Rary, you could of course say you need the cream. Buy an expensive one and she's bound to use it...
                            I was beginning to like you Snoop

I know that you will get benefits from the snow, but keep safe, and remember if it is big fall of snow your garden will look as tidy as everyone else's

Comment

• Snow Snoop?...the ground will love that when it melts.
                              ...we've just had massive hail stones, and yet the sky was blue and clear a couple of hours ago!

Know what you mean about smug...I feel the same way!
                              Homegrown ratatouille and chicken for supper tonight ....woodfire....candles.....bliss

Comment

• Rary....clothes pegs can be an alternative to wrinkle cream....multifunctional too...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X