X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Ha!...I had to gooooogle the word gamps Flo
    Me too Morning Folks, dark and drizzly here but I'm sure it'll be a good day

Enjoy yours whatever you end up doing
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning its wet and windy here. so i'm baking my bread and probably some scones.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Ha!...I had to gooooogle the word gamps Flo!
      Another one here who had to do a search, odd because me and Flo don't live that far apart. I can't get on with umbrellas much sooner use a hat or hood instead.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All. Its a bit damp here but I'm sure the sun will be out soon.
        I knew what a "gamp" was and that it originated with Sarah Gamp, "a dissolute, sloppy and generally incompetent nurse" who always carried an umbrella, in Dickens' Martin Chuzzelwit. Wonderful names and characters. Must re-read Dickens some day!
        Have a great day everyone, whatever life brings you.

Comment

• Morning,

Rain and sunshine here today. No allotment for me as my shed will be flooded and will not be able to get into it without having to get wet. So today I am going to catch up on house work and sow some seeds

Have a good day
          Carrie

Comment

• Good morning all..
            Woke up this morning to a clear blue sky with sunshine. 2 deg.
            It's now clear grey and it's snowing.
            Nothing planned for today.
            Wrap up well, it's cold out there.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've woken up all 'sinussy' so I'm off out in a mo for a quick walk - hoping that'll clear the cobwebs out

It's not gardening weather today, so some housework will hopefully get done (for a change)

Comment

• Afternoon, well the rain stopped so i nipped out shopping weather altered and its been snowing for the last couple of hours.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just thought I'd drop in to say a quick hello. Hope you're all doing well.

Comment

• Afternoon all,SNOW ahhhhh,and we have had reasonable weather and a bit oh sun,loving the lighter nights,anyone want a bad back,no,did not think so,look afteryourselves.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      Decided to nip into town as it was too cold for walking or gardening.
                      Bought some discounted wool to continue knitting squares.
                      This is to break the Guinness record for the largest knitted blanket.
                      No snow now but sleet and a bitterly cold wind.
                      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        Good evening all.
                        Decided to nip into town as it was too cold for walking or gardening.
                        Bought some discounted wool to continue knitting squares.
                        This is to break the Guinness record for the largest knitted blanket.
                        No snow now but sleet and a bitterly cold wind.
                        Have a good evening all.
                        Hope you get your blanket finished before the snow comes!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening, again a day of showers, rain and sleet, and very cold but was busy at my granddaughters new flat, and finding out what she wants me to do for her, just as well I am still young and fit enough to go up and down ladders, although its a new flat to her its an old style flat with high ceilings and she wants some walls papered, I had more time to my self when I worked, well I suppose if I can't help her who could I help, OH and I also went for some shopping, and managed to collect 30 flower buckets, now I will need to see what I will put in them. Right, still have a sore throat will get ready for bed and might have a hot toddy enjoy your day tomorrow, try and pass on a smile and make someone happy. Goodnight
                          Last edited by rary; 31-01-2018, 10:49 PM.
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All It's windy and cold Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I'm knitting squares too - I've got loads - it's the sewing together I've got a problem with!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Moring Flo et al, There was ice on the cars last night but look clear this morning a heady 1.8C in the greenhouse with the terracotta candle heater on last night. Have a good day people.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X