Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its a loss leader. Tempt you in to buy your veg and you'll buy the rest of your stuff at the same time. They do it every year, each shop trying to undercut the others. In a few years time veg will be free - but all the other stuff will have gone up lots!

Comment

• Afternoon, finished all my shopping yesterday! Absolutely no sprouts at all anywhere locally. Neighbour was out and about this morning trying to get them. We finally got them last night in good old Marks. Sprouts...I mean that's a Christmas staple whether you like them or not!
      Not leaving the house now until Boxing Day and I have a rotten cough developing...great!
      Anyhoo, enjoy the rest of your evening.
      sigpic

Comment

• Nice mild 9deg, no wind but grey.

Emptied nest boxes. Found three mice in one.

Removed hellebore and Japanese anemone foliage to uncover cyclamen, snow flakes and snow drops until light went. More tomorrow.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Absolutely exhausted. I had to do 90% of my shopping today. I'm one pressie short. My eldest sons girlfriend isn't a girlie girl and I have no idea whatsoever as to what to get her. It dawned on me after I got home that a gift voucher and an explanation why would work. I'll see if I can get one tomorrow.

I now know that shopping at the last moment concentrates the mind. You stop prevaricating and decide "that'll do, if they don't like it, tough".

Having said that I did take more care over the grand and great grand children.

Tomorrow is a production line of wrapping on the dining room table. Which reminds me, it's easy to find the paper but I couldn't find ribbon.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Happy Saturday! I shall be pottering in the garden leaving the frantic shoppers to argue over the last turkey crown. There's a tin of beans in the cupboard and a spare loaf of bread in the freezer, in case of visitors, so I'm ready.
            I know lots of you think I'm wierd but, do I care? Nope
            Enjoy your day, whatever it brings you.
            No VC I don't think you,are weird, I think you have a kind heart, and a quick wit, and it is nice to come across someone who doesn't go daft at this time of year, needless to say we were not near any shops today
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, raining quite heavy here now, but was a reasonably dry day, with some warm sunshine, had a quiet morning, went for a walk with a neighbour then washed the car, and boy was it mucky,then went out to a GC for a meal, we went via the back roads, which were a lot quieter, and as its Christmas time I let OH pay Well going to be busy, over the next two days, might not be back on till the 26th. so try to help one another keep safe and have a peaceful time, and remember what Christmas is really about. Goodnight
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,

Well I am all settled and ready for Christmas anything I have forgotten can stay forgotten, I can enjoy a couple of cosy days in. May even get out in the garden later.

Take care all, especially those that are still out and about. x

Comment

• Morning All, a visit to the allotment to drop off a number of sack of leafs and three bucket with lids s of shredded paper today ready for composting in the new year. The meat joints will be going in the oven after I have breakfast. Have a Great Christmas break everyone.
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good Morning All Lots of family visiting today, lovely. Have a merry time over the festive season
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, nice quiet day for me today
                      No shopping, wrapping or card writing
                      Don't know what's in store weatherwise, but it doesn't matter
                      Have a great day everyone
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning a quite day here as well NS might go for a stroll later on but will keep to the paths and out of any sludgy fields.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All

Will be off over the plots later as the OH says I will just get in the way

I know when I return the house will smell like Christmas and the presents will be under the tree

Have a wonderful and magical Christmas eve all

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            We're having unseasonably warm wether here...clearly absolutely no chance of sner .

Today we shall mostly be decorating our second tree (probably whilst consuming a glass or two of fizz) playing Xmas songs, making mince pies ( probably with another glass of fizz) and starting a jigsaw!
                            Always a simple supper tonight...a fillet steak butty...oh and more fizz

Me thinks I may be either a tad fizzy later...or fuzzy...

Parsnips and carrots need to be dug up later....

Have a great day peeps!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Everyone!

Very grey and windy here this morning, and that's just me not only the weather

Just one more thing to do, and that's to get myself a little "Christmas Pudding" and some Brandy butter as no one else in the house like it, oh! and a few cretes of ale whilst I'm at it, then back home to the warmth and let the "festivities" begin.

Oh and one more thing!

"Merry Christmas" everybody!
                              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• good morning all,just a few days left till 2018 yay,the last few years i love new year,a few peeps round and a table to help yourself to,it's like welcome to new beginings,and hopes for the best,we got the main staples of food,anything else can go scratch for now ,but i will cook us both a nice dinner sometime tommorrow,depending what time we are awake ,enjoy your day how ever you spend it.
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 24-12-2017, 10:27 AM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X