Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all. Been a cracking day ...............in spells and some heavyish showers as well. Most of the day spent tidying and preparing some beds at home.. Next on the agenda is creating a growing space where the ground is heavily infested with Alchemilla Mollis. Some folks love that plant but I can't be doing with it. next on today's menu, Raspberries and mascarpone. Yum yum

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Sunny start with no breeze. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all. Sunny and 7c.

Happy Fridays
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
          Very similar here!
          Looking forward to seeing if we have chicks this morning.
          Tis our first born's burpday today, so we'll do something to celebrate even though she's not over here with us.
          Ironing/gardening/shopping....not quite sure what else I'll be up to today....
          See ya later...nearly weekend,.again
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All

Sunny and chilly 5°

Have a great Friday all, I shall be over the plots

Comment

• Morning, was cool in my GH at 5c overnight just starting to warm up now though.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bright here today. But chilly again in the night. Due for another few cold nights and then warm. Brilliant.

Had a nice chat with Mr Snoop today pondering on how marvellous it will be to be retired. Wishing my life away, but work doesn't half get in the way.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Morning all. Youngest still covered in chicken pox. Visiting friends this morning who have had it and taking them some plants - good to get youngest out of the house. Another friend has taken eldest to school for me as youngest only just woken up!

Meant to rain later but will try to get youngest in garden before then.

Have a good day peeps.
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good morning all,looks like another dry day on the cards
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Not 10 am yet and the greenhouse is in direct sunlight with the door open and its between 38 40.1C in there but such a cold wind out there I have shut the back door because it's not going to warn up until the sun gets down onto the patio doors.

I've was busy in the Space Saver Greenhouse yesterday on and off when I took micro breaks from my broom cupboard office and the computer Alans Allotment: Loo Roll Towers

Have a good one people, I have the cold frame to clean out and find homes for all the dross that I've stored in there over winter today I need the space !
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 11-05-2018, 08:55 AM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Driving rain and gale force winds here.
                        It looks like winter outdoors.
                        A day out with my daughter today.
                        As a late birthday gift we are going into town, then dinner and A show.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just got home and poured a GnT. Re chickenpox - big tub or 2 from a pharmacy of bicarb in the bath. This really works to stop the itching for a while. I learnt this when all three of mine had it at ages 7, 23 and 24 at the same time. The 7 year old was bouncing around as if there was nothing wrong. The 23 year old was throwing things and the 24 year old went into hiding as he couldn't shave and found out he had a ginger beard.

I've been out starting from sparrows f@rt ferrying people around. Tomorrow is another day.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Ta JanieB - think I have some and youngest currently in bath!
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• evening all. SPent the day in the plot but boy was it a blustery one. Ducked in to the tunnel for a heat on more than one occasion. The object today was to get holes punched in raised beds and filled with my compost mix to grow stump carrots for exhibition. Managed to do 40 stations for my better half and still have to do my own. . Also sprayed some creeping thistle in my tunnel with glyphosate, I've tried digging it out for several years and have now lost patience. The smallest bit of root left regrows but the glyphosate will sort that out for good.

The other big jub was taking the hand cultivator over the bed my brassicas will go in to and hoiking out the clumps of meadow grass which rotavating left half buried. A whole barrow load removed and into the compost bin(after emptying it). All in all a productive day but very tiring.

Now sitting watching Millionaire with a cuppa

Comment

• Evening all. Couldn't find any bicarb for the bath, so put some oats in (wrapped in an old muslin) which youngest said felt really nice - another bath tomorrow morning has been requested, plus one at bedtime, and maybe a third during the day!

Eldest and youngest have a party to go to tomorrow. All the other children have had chicken pox and youngest desperate to go so sending both the parents are paramedics though, so fairly certain they can administer some Calpol! Won't be going far in case I need to pick up a poorly youngest early. Has been ok during the day, and not too itchy so should be fine.

Managed to pot on the remaining dedos des mocha's this evening, all in gh, splitting between the two Adnan informal test. Home tomorrow so will get on with the garden. Need to persuade OU to go to local farmers co-op to get posts for new arches and strong wire netting for bottom of compost heaps.

Nos da all
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X