Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evening all, been really cold with a biting wind all day so really not nice being out in it. had a garden centre lunch and then bought a packet of "Cathy" a striking white sweet pea thinking I had a packet of a lovely blue sweet pea at home. What did I have at home? You got it, yes "Cathy" grrrrh

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Rary you should do like we do and use the same cards every year
      Bren we've been doing that for ages too! My OH and his brother swap the same birthday card every year...it's not even out of the wrapping! And no it's not because we are Scottish or related to rary, just wise!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Rary you should do like we do and use the same cards every year
        I did that with a card for three years, then OH twigged on what I was doing, so that was the end of that
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Happy Monday evening
          Most of the snow has disappeared but its still blummin cold. Evenings are lighter though and soon to be an hour even lighter
          We do the card swapping thing too. My Mum is very good, she'll say "I've put your Birthday/Mother'sDay/Chr****as card on the mantlepiece" then, when I visit I put a few extra words on it, each year. A new card would end up in recycling but the old cards are kept - makes them more meaningful, I think - and I'm not a Scot or a Cardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
            evening all, been really cold with a biting wind all day so really not nice being out in it. had a garden centre lunch and then bought a packet of "Cathy" a striking white sweet pea thinking I had a packet of a lovely blue sweet pea at home. What did I have at home? You got it, yes "Cathy" grrrrh
            Take them back AP, take them back

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Bren we've been doing that for ages too! My OH and his brother swap the same birthday card every year...it's not even out of the wrapping! And no it's not because we are Scottish or related to rary, just wise!
            Jay what do you mean, related to rary, are you saying I am miserable I could take offence at that
            If it wisny true
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold and dry, just a bit of snow left. Three day week for me, I have some leave left to take before April and it's use it or lose it. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, bright(ish) and light drizzle but looking south over the Trent valley it looks deep blue/black.

Happy Tuesdays (just double checked that it is Tuesday...)
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning All

+1.5° but a bitter wind, snow is proving to be a bit more stubborn than that at the beginning of the month.

Hope you all have a safe and warm day

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Happy Monday evening
                    We do the card swapping thing too. My Mum is very good, she'll say "I've put your Birthday/Mother'sDay/Chr****as card on the mantlepiece" then, when I visit I put a few extra words on it, each year. A new card would end up in recycling but the old cards are kept - makes them more meaningful, I think - and I'm not a Scot or a Cardi.
                    What a lovely idea!

Anyway, the seeds and spuds from France have landed. The potatoes are small, in the French style, but absolutely perfect. Tiny chits are just forming, so I need to get them out and sprouting a bit more. Dead pleased. The shallot sets are bigger than I was expecting. If I can grow anything like these, I won't be cursing at peeling them for a change. Got a free gift, yet another packet of tomato seeds. Brown Berry, delicious and a heavy cropper if you believe everything you read on the Web. Gah! My plans to grow realistic numbers of tomato plants are stymied every year!

Bleak mid-winterish day today: grey, windy, feels like it could rain or snow any minute. Might get the fire going soon.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning its good to save and reuse cards especially home made ones, my fave b/day card from our grandkids is 12 years old so their writing has altered a lot
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, the last of the snow is fast disappearing and the sun was out for quite a while yesterday afternoon. But soo cold.
                        Hoping today will be a bit milder.
                        Off to work this morning for an extra shift
                        Have a lovely day folks
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• We still have a bitterly cold wind this morning, so wasn't thinking of going out for a paper, except the milk is on the turn, so must pop to the Co op
                          Tbh i'm in a frame of mind to get back under the covers and sulk. (Really bad SAD just now )
                          Must start making curtains and bunting for my daughter's campervan....hoping that might liven me up a bit!

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Domestic goddess day for me....got about 7weeks of domestic 'stuff' to catch up on ( back allowing!)

Starting with ironing.....need a good film to gawp at at the same time....

Woodfire already lit...very nippy here too.

See ya later...
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                              Tbh i'm in a frame of mind to get back under the covers and sulk. (Really bad SAD just now )
                              Must start making curtains and bunting for my daughter's campervan....hoping that might liven me up a bit!
                              Big hug, TS.

Comment

• Morning all and we have a lovely sunny morning here.
                                Temp is just 3 deg so it's very cold.
                                Have to go to a family birthday lunch today so unfortunately that will leave me no time foe a walk or gardening.
                                At least the sun is shining as it was yesterday so at least the potato patch is drying out.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...