Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, noticed the site down yesterday afternoon, thought my router was having problems, thank goodness it wasn't that again!

Another cool grey start here and the cat has gone back to bed It's supposed to improve later - just when I'm having more physio on my back! This is the last treatment I'm allowed, Just have to accept that my spine is getting old I suppose.
    Sciatica really is a PITA. (Maybe this should be on the rant thread!)

I hope to have a potter in the greenhouse later and that you all have a nice day

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
      ...still aching...but I did enjoy my swim yesterday after all

Domestics and weeding today

Guess who got 5 x7" high geraniums and 7x 7" high lavender plants from Lidl yesterday for €3 ?(£2.50)
      Yup...meeee!
      Must get them planted out today too...

See ya later....
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning it was a cool 5c in my GH overnight it soon warmed up when the sun hit it though. I'd best get back out there I've gone more seedling to plant out.
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 17-05-2018, 07:46 AM.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A beautiful sunnystart to the day and the cold breeze is gone.
          Nothing planned for today so off to the park for a walk.
          Hopefully a day in the garden and greenhouse after that.
          Lots to do and loving the warmer weather.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Jolly, jolly, jolly this morning. No right to be mind. I had one big glass of wine too many last night...

I was hoping the sky would be clear tonight for the latest astronomical display (https://www.theguardian.com/science/...w-moon-jupiter), but the weather forecast says it will be cloudy. Harrumph.

Anyway, on with the show. Lots of work (again). But it's all settling down a bit, thank goodness.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• We too had 5 degrees minimum temp in the greenhouse and it hit 30 yesterday too, that's a big swing in temps, but everything looks ok. I have pretty much got the greenhouse fully planted now, Sweetcorn growing nicely, tommies in and growing, ditto for Butternut Squash(put in 5 plants, no idea how big they will be or how many fruits I might get?) Salads we are now picking and French Strawberries almost ready for picking too. Stuff to go out include Courgettes and Ridge Cukes, but waiting till the end of the month in the hope the overnight temps will go up a bit. Chillies now out of the conservatory and in the greenhouse in pots, so apart from my growing collection of Epiphyliums the connie is almost back to not being a greenhouse again.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                We too had 5 degrees minimum temp in the greenhouse and it hit 30 yesterday too, that's a big swing in temps, but everything looks ok. I have pretty much got the greenhouse fully planted now, Sweetcorn growing nicely, tommies in and growing, ditto for Butternut Squash(put in 5 plants, no idea how big they will be or how many fruits I might get?) Salads we are now picking and French Strawberries almost ready for picking too. Stuff to go out include Courgettes and Ridge Cukes, but waiting till the end of the month in the hope the overnight temps will go up a bit. Chillies now out of the conservatory and in the greenhouse in pots, so apart from my growing collection of Epiphyliums the connie is almost back to not being a greenhouse again.
                I planted my toms in the border the other day they were getting a bit heavy to carry in and out of the house, but I've been covering them with fleece at night so I'm sure they'll be fine (fingers crossed) Cucs and courgettes are still being moved into the kitchen at nights and will be for a while longer.

Like you say the temps all over the place this past week the GH has been between 34c down to 3.2c.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Chatback #16 now started

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X