X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,was up ,out down the plot for 7.30 am,was lovely and peacefull,had a coffee,then set to work,got the rest of em taties in the ground,37 of em,and potted the rest of the toms on,that i want,i now feel am catching up a bit,next thing is weed the general areas,then get in the brassica cage and start planting,have got some real nice looking plants this year ,have to do some work in the home garden today,have a good day all,and Bgood2yrselfes

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Another lovely sunny day here but there are a few clouds floating around.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Morning....bye

Off to the plots

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Another gorgeous day, another cuppa and them I'm off outside. Garden work today, it's beginning to look too scruffy to leave any longer

Allotment will have to wait.. Have a good'un whatever you're up to

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning there's some strange folks to meet when you're out shopping, our local supermarket only takes a few pence of the reduced section so nothing 'interesting' happens there.

Enjoy your special day Nicos xx

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Grey here today. Drizzled a bit in the night. Off out with the dogs in a bit.

Then paid work and another lunch out (neighbour's birthday). I'm already in the throes of a crise de foie, as the French would call it (crisis of the liver, literally). I don't think I can take much more of this high living.

Have a great day everyone, especially Nicos. Congrats on your anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All and Happy Anniversary Nicos - ours is next week. It's gloriously sunny again and 22 degrees Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

Another lovely day here....off out to the coast in a few minutes...just got to sort out a BBQ/picnic first
    Tis our wedding anniversary today!
    Vase of garden flowers and tea in bed for me this morning!

Have a great day peeps...see ya later...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Good morning all. Gorgeous day again, I could easily get used to this

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Nothing's sacred these days, s-c.
    I meet the same people most Sundays - all hovering near the reduced sections. The worst ones are the mother and daughter pair - one loiters in front of the reduced section and ambushes the lads with the yellow sticker trolley before they have chance to put it on the shelves. They take everything but the lads are wise to them and offer the stuff around as its marked down.
    One time the mother came to me with some sob story that could only be cured if I gave her half the contents of my trolley. Sadly, I've seen her tactics too often and I know she never shares the bargains. Conversely, there are some really nice people who will only take one thing, not wishing to be greedy. I always end up having a laugh with someone - today a man with a walking stick wanted to dance with me! I seem to attract nutters wherever I go.
    Right, its time to wish you all Nos da. See you tomorrow, Sunny Bank Holiday Monday.

Sweet dreams.

Leave a comment:

• self-contained
    replied
    I once found something I fancied in the reduced section and popped it in my basket while I perused the rest of the section. By the time I was done looking, it was no longer in my basket. I hadn't realised people thought stuff in there was fair game!
    Last edited by self-contained; 06-05-2018, 10:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    No gardening of any real worth today, met my son and his family in sunny Aberdeen(you don't say that very often) and had an ice cream and a walk along the front to the fun fair.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K7022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	2378113
    They have started the offshore wind farm construction that the nice Mr Trump is so upset about. That's a jack up floating crane which lifts stuff into position, not sure if I like the idea of them being there.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Evening all, been a lovely day once again and I got my final batch of show tatties planted as planned. Got rid of another half dozen tomato plants to a neighbour so freed up a wee bit of bit of space in the greenhouse.
    Tomorrow is planting kitchen tattie day. Three weeks behind my normal date but thats due to the horrible winter/late spring.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Absolutely loved that.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Happy Sunny Sunday.
    I've been hunting for yellow stickers and there was a small incident with a salmon that I will bore you with. Move on to the next post if you like, I won't know that you haven't read this.
    Ready??
    Whole salmon had been marked down by 25%, then 50%, and I ummed and aahed about buying one. By the time I'd decided to buy one, they'd all gone - or so it seemed!
    There was a lady, standing by the fish counter, and, behind her I could see a pile of fish bags. As I approached to have a closer look, she gathered the fish together and said "They're mine, mine" and started shouting down the aisle for her ?husband to bring the trolley.
    I just said OK and stepped away - then the fishmonger appeared and asked if I wanted something. I told him that I'd decided to buy a salmon but they'd all gone. So he said, If you want a salmon, I can get you one.
    I start muttering about only wanting one if it was cheap - thinking that he had some more behind the counter.
    But No - he walked over to the woman and said that I wanted a salmon and she couldn't have them all - that wasn't fair!
    The woman gathered all the fish up to her bosom (or so it seemed) and the fishman grabbed one of the fish. A small scuffle took place during which a salmon escaped from its bag and slithered across the floor.
    The woman started waving her arms around and saying things in a language I didn't understand, but she was clearly not happy!
    The fishman said he could wash the fish on the floor if she still wanted it - which she did.
    Then he said to me, in a loud voice, would you like the salmon prepared - filleted etc.
    I just wanted to disappear but he insisted on doing it, so I had to stand there while he's giving me knowing nods and telling his assistant what happened, while the woman is standing nearby glowering, still waiting for her husband..

Next call was the hot chicken counter where whole chickens were 50% off - I decided to treat the dogs to one and put it in my trolley. Then the hot meat man appeared with his yellow ticket machine and I asked whether he was going to reduce the chickens further.
    Yes, he said, so I asked him if there were any chance he could mark down the one in my trolley too.
    Sorry, he said, once its in your trolley you've "bought" it - then he stuck a yellow sticker on the chicken and said "Its your lucky day - 23p. Do you want another one?"
    I also had 3 bags of chicken portions reduced to 15p.
    The dogs will be very happy tonight.

OK, I've finished, you can wake up now!!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X