X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning looks like being a good day here with no rain due its just kind of dull. So I'll get sort out were I'm putting my parsnips and get the area cleared ready for when they've chitted.
    Enjoy your Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Dark, 8C and drizzly, so not gardening weather for me, except may some greenhouse pottering. I haven't even done plant hokey cokey this morning - doesn't seem worth it. Depressing isn't?

I'll probably wander round to the plot to empty the peelings caddy into the compost bin - just to stretch my legs a bit, before they seize up, get my paper on the way back. Note to self: must resist the iced buns, must resist the iced buns!

Have a good'un whatever you're up to.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    So, it was a dry night till 8.15 am, when a hailstorm hit. Not much rain. Just a litre. Skies keep going cloudy and then blue. Trying not to get my hopes up that my friend will be round. I wouldn't risk it if I were him.

Scythed a load of tall grass down last night. Was debating about trying to turn it into hay. But I guess straight in the compost bins is the easy option, especially if it's going to get wet.

Depending on the weather, I might start some seeds off in modules today. Definitely not what I wanted to do, but if I don't nothing will ever grow to harvest stage at this rate.

Have a jolly day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

We have wet sploshy stuff today, so more domestics for me too

I 'm pretty sure in a former life that I was either a poor domestic servant, working my fingers to the bone in a huuuge freezing house (which is why I hate housework so much this time around) or, I was landed gentry in a warm climate (which is why I enjoy a warm house, creature comforts and am not used to doing housework!)

Bound to have been the former eh?

I do have lots of Ag Lab (agricultural labourers) in my family trees....so that's clearly in my blood ...and why I prefer to be pottering around in the garden?!

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    Morning - looks like an unexpectedly nice start to the day - just finish my coffee and hit the plot methinks
    Have a good 'un all.

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Morning all. Yes please Bones - tea, milk, no sugar, and s biscuit if you have any.

Nice day today. OH out on a long bike ride soon, so me and children. May take them shopping as OH didn't go last night.

Domestics and garden tidying today. Have a nice day all

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning Flo and all. 6C here but at least it's not raining Got a stint in the lotty trading shed in a couple of hours, it'll be blummin cold in there, not really expecting many customers today.

Enjoy whatever the day brings, I'm getting the kettle on in if anyone fancies one

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Cool again. I have many visits due from family today. Have a lovely Sunday

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning nice sunny morning today though it looks a bit cold, not been out yet still to have my porridge, have a good day and enjoy your gardening, even if it's sitting watching others workq

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    ^^^ Well said - its been cold today and I'm glad we've got a warm/dry house with no (obvious) problems - a bit of garden and some good friends and neighbours. Could be worse

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Actually, I had a mooch down the garden earlier, sussing out my plans for tomorrow, at dusk. I looked back at my house with the kitchen lights on and realised how lovely it is. A country terraced cottage about 230 years old. I’m so lucky.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Pulled an agnail off my thumb. Now strapped up with a piece of kitchen paper and cello tape. I can’t find the plasters. Have been planting more seeds but that means the pt has to go up tomorrow or my kitchen is the conservatory it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    ^^^ sort of snap (won't mention what I do on rugby threads)

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    All part of the service Baldy (the other parts of the service being daft comments and the occasional nugget of sensible suggestions.....)

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    ^^^ ta for that post humph - reminded me we've got the village May fair next weekend - my allotment site have given up on it 'cos we haven't got enough people with heated GH's to have much to offer - however the village's "posher" site always put on a good show and offer some decent plants at a (fairly) reasonable price. I may have to don a hat and a fake moustache and pay them a visit

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X