Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Day and counting......................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    Why Oh Why have I got Dr Hooks the Freaker's Ball going through my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs5MAWinxqQ
    Because you have just volunteered yourself to sing it to us all Cad..................do you need a banjo?
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
      Because you have just volunteered yourself to sing it to us all Cad..................do you need a banjo?
      I do know all the words to most of the early Dr Hook songs and then there is the Derek & Clive catalogue unfortunately I would be excommunicated if I placed any links to there stuff here! Especially Jump you ..... Could do some Python Songs as a sing along.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

Here's my Bauble

Click image for larger version

Name:	funny_bah_humbug_chicken_in_santa_hat_poops_xmas_christmas_ornament-rdcff92d61fa44cc0b72d649c7e6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	2375618

Comment

Here's mine

Name:	images-1.jpg
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	2375619

Comment

Lumpy - I'm gonna eat the bacon covered Turkey so here is my decoration

Name:	Cadalot X-Mas Tree.jpg
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2375620
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

You say you want more people to take part, but then post what seems to be a lot of "in jokes" and cryptic messages that newbies won't understand. I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea from this thread what exactly it's about. I'm not wanting to be a party pooper and if you're all happy with it then crack on, but if you genuinely want new people to take part then you have to make it a bit more welcoming or at least add a few words of explanation, because it comes across like you have to be in the "clique" to join in.

Comment

OK OMG where to begin, I know what you mean as I was a newbie too once. The Gardeners Rest is a public house in Scotland near Rory with a railway station near by that may or may not only exist the heads of those nutters that exercise their imaginations and join in.

Lumpy as creative director is in charge of the mayhem and all even new grapes who can flex their imaginations can join in. Go for it we are a relatively harmless I think.. and most reference are based on other posts made on the forum, i.e. Bacon crops up an lot on the Chatback thread.

This is an annual event could the mods please put a link to the previous years at the front for the newbies

PS Rary is as tight as a ducks auntie
                PPS Lumpy like a panto and has a thing about Panto horses
                PPPS VC use to be on the dark side (Mod) and has a pointy stick to keep us in control.
                PPPPS Balders like to cross dress (but only on the weekends), but he does not appear to be playing yet
                Last edited by Cadalot; 09-11-2017, 02:41 PM.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                  I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea from this thread what exactly it's about..
                  Nobody knows what its about - it evolves through December, and can be shaped by anyone who posts in it with a daft idea. Its just about a group of friends (Grapes) who gather together in a virtual pub in December and do and say silly things. It usually includes a panto or some other entertainment, fancy dress, lots of eating and drinking, and making fun of certain Grapes who are known for their foibles and who don't take it seriously.
                  The bar is always open and everyone is invited, even if you just pop in for a virtual drink.

Last year's thread http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_91862.html
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-11-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I am so sorry Mitzi and good on you for bringing this topic up.
                    As others have said The Gardeners Rest is a virtual pub that is open to any member of this wonderful community (Grapes).

It is open for December only and has absolutely no serious side whatsoever.
                    As 99% of the threads on here are instructive, educational,helpful and occaisionally contradictory any thread about The Gardeners Rest is the complete opposite.

We are not a clique but we do like to excercise our imaginations (and again everybody is welcome) during the darkest of month (by that I mean daylight, growing jobs and the incessant portrayal of perfect family events).

On a serious note there are many Grapes on this forum (and not always the ones that respond to these daft threads) that want and need a reason to just act as daft as a box of frogs as it might just allow them to forget about any issues they have in their 'real' lives.

Nothing in this thread has to make sense.

I started this thread as it allows me to escape from the problems I have at home. It means I can laugh even at the bits you may call 'cryptic' but I would call nonsensical.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Raryyyyyyyyyyyyyy..................Raryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy................I have really excelled myself this year.

I know you live in Scotland so I have ordered our tree close to you.

It's been paid for etc but could you go and pick it up please?

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	2375621

It's the one with a big red dot on its trunk. Go to the middle and then left a bit, up a bit and 4th from the left. Thats ours

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                        The Gardeners Rest is a virtual pub that is open to any member of this wonderful community (Grapes).
                        No No No No Lumpy - I said "it may or may not exist" you can't call it Virtual that means it isn't real!

The Bottom has fallen out of my world !

Which is a whole lit better than the other way around granted
                        Last edited by Cadalot; 09-11-2017, 06:17 PM.
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                          No No No No Lumpy - I said "it may or may not exist" you can't call it Virtual that means it isn't real!

The Bottom has fallen out of my world !

Which is a whole lit better than the other way around granted
                          But Cad you are all my virtual friends so by your thinking non of you exist?

Comment

We are all in your mind Lumpy....like the fairies at the bottom of your garden

Comment

Oh no I feel a Plato's World of Ideals, Schrodinger's Cat and Quantum Mechanics moment coming on.........................quick turn the lights off and hide............

Comment

Greenleaves & Lumpy Let's have a sing song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0riW6dUkYM4

There are fairies at the bottom of our garden!
                                It's not so very, very far away;
                                You pass the gardener's shed
                                and you just keep straight ahead
                                I do so hope they've come to stay.
                                There's a little wood with moss in it and beetles,
                                And a little stream that quietly runs through;
                                You wouldn't think they'd dare
                                to come merrymaking there,
                                Well, they do, yes they do!

They often have a dance on summer nights;
                                The butterflies and bees
                                Make a lovely little breeze,
                                And the rabbits stand about and hold the lights.
                                Did you know that they could sit upon the moonbeams
                                And pick a little star to make a fan,
                                And dance away up there
                                In the middle of the air
                                Well, they can, yes they can!

You cannot think how beautiful they are;
                                They all stand up and sing
                                When the fairy queen and king
                                Come gently floating down upon their car.
                                The king is very proud and handsome;
                                The queen, now can you guess who that would be?
                                She's a little girl all day
                                But at night she steals away.
                                Well, it's me, yes it's me!

Or we could have a little bit of classical culture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjeQtbKFlHc

Or we could have some dancers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1F0lBnsnkE

Even more dancers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV1eKphHFjY

Oh Dear Yoda wants to sing again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E
                                Last edited by Cadalot; 09-11-2017, 07:42 PM.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X