This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Mr Bramble.

Carrots take a while don't they NannySally. I thought mine would never come up and then suddenly they did! Waiting on spring onions to show and they are slow as well.

My 2nd sowing of beetroot is finally appearing after the first lot was a failure.

Planted out some beans today so hope they are still there in the morning and not all chewed up. Weather looks promising for the next few weeks.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
      Morning everyone - Rary all men are boys at heart, you know that
      NS a man is under no obligation to mature as he grows older
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon,the vine seems very slow in reacting.
        I got more seeds to sow,and yes,a lot off things seem very way behind this year,apart from the criters,put some kale in the ground tother day,and looks like the slimes have smelt em,now that IS war,things will just about get going when the light starts going,mother nature ay.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all, just back from a weekend in South Ayrshire...beautiful. Seemed to have avoided most of the rain, in fact finally got my car washed and polished. Hope you are all well. I've got a question which I will start a new thread for and will go and catch up on what I've missed! Enjoy the rest of your evening!
          sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Very warm here. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All, Yesterday I completed the potting up and out of all the mature tomato plants, I have five more to reach size then that will be all 22 plants done. It looks to be a nice bright day and youngest daughter is around this morning to keep an eye on my little Triffid, (Mrs C can kill a man at 10 paces with one blow of the tongue) so I'm off to the allotment to play catch up and empty the greenhouse of things that should have been in the ground by now.

Have a good one whatever you end up doing
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all,sun is shinning,have a good day Cad and enjoy,the week looks promising on the weather front here,have a good day all.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, everyone. Bright here and due to get very hot these next few days. Goodness only knows what's up with the weather. Every year it's something different. This year, very late frosts that has killed all the fruit and even some trees (terrible for the local peach and cherry farmers). And now we're about to head well into the 30s already, though nights will still be around 11 or 12 ºC. I don't know how plants cope!

Discovered a load of blue oil beetles eating the potato leaves that have revived after the frost. It'll be a miracle if these potatoes come to anything after all their trials and tribulations. I hope these beetles aren't protected in Spain... Disposed of very carefully after reading that they're also called 'blister' beetles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meloe).

Today's job is still plant out my tomatoes and courgettes. Everything just takes so much longer than I expect. But we were both incredibly busy yesterday, honest!

Have a good one today, guys.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all !

Cor...where did the weekend go?
                    Had a lovely evening eating at a friend's house...Brazilian food.Light, spicy, really yum!
                    I suppose it has Portuguese origins?

Boring domestics for me today I'm afraid!

Have a gud'un peeps...and lets hope the Vine speeds up again soon!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone.
                      Bright outside, but a tad nippy. Good temperatures due later - when I am at work.
                      Hubby is off to the dentist this morning. His temporary filling has fallen out, it's a front tooth and he needs a cap really. Rather him than me.
                      All our produce are alive and I'm going to look for a bit of curtain netting for my kale and sprouts, those butterfly's will be around I know.
                      Have a lovely day, work or leisure
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning, chilly this morning. It's bright but cloudy and I think rain is coming! Son is on his way home, should be here on Thursday so need to strip his bed and freshen it up! Still catching up on what I missed over the weekend, hope you all had a good one. Have a great day!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. We have a totally dull and overcast sky here and it looks like rain.
                          Decided to go into town to pick up a few bits and pieces for my upcoming holiday.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello Folks, an occasional spit of rain not enough to wet you just enough to annoy my wife, as she has washing out, and she keeps looking out the window and moaning about it,saves her thinking up things I could do We have the oldest grandson off school today as he is not keeping too well though I had him out sowing some veg seeds and showed him what was in the greenhouse I also showed him what tiger nuts are as I have some steeping in the greenhouse, and as we past the rhubarb he asked if he could get a rhubarb pie, his grain was hanging out her washing and asked what he would like a pie or a crumble, he wanted a pie which is now made, when I ask her to make a pie all I get is "maybe" and never see one. Well need to go and finish off some work then take him home for his brother coming in from school, enjoy the day and think positive, like I am positive I will not paint the porch and hall this week
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Evening all,

Rary, I bet your grandkids love it when they come and see you. And you did well as well getting a pie out of it

Super hot today. I managed some work in the garden before lunch and then went back out after 5 when it was starting to cool a little. Got some tomatoes planted out so better not be any frost now!

Probably need to do a good water tomorrow. Looking forward to what looks like a nice sunny week

Enjoy your evening.
                              LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good evening, heavy rain the back of six which lasted for about an hour and a half, went out to the greenhouse for a time and potted on some mountain magic, and red robin tomatoes, the red robin is from seed that I kept from a tomato last year so quite happy that they are growing, also potted on some begonias, where's VC when you need her, as she has lots of experience of begonias, just found out that the boy's are off school Friday and Monday this weekend, I can feel my hair turning gray already. Well enjoy the good weather that's has been forecasted if you get it enjoy it. Goodnight
                                Last edited by rary; 23-05-2017, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X