Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning all,happy birthday to Nicos's son,what weired weather we getting lately,earlier was overcast,now sunshine,at least we had some rain to wet the ground,am sure the plants are gratefull,have a good day all.
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 26-04-2017, 07:53 AM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Afternoon we've got a garden full of hailstones can't see a bit of grass or even soil too me by surprise but I did get my seedlings I'm hardening off back into the GH just as it started.
      Same storm then Bren
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I've just finished the last volume of GoT (good but very confusing) and now for something completely different . I'd better get back to work tomorrow, I'm getting used to resting

Comment

• Ahhh, rest, something I used to do before children came along (dreamy sigh)

Had lunch with youngest, watching TV for 10 minutes - long enough for a cup of tea and a quick visit here - then getting youngest to do something else, probably drag them outside to check on gh....
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Just reading through some previous posts and I see one Grape celebrating her sons birthday while an other celebrated her sons last week, congratulations to both your sons, but going with their sons ages, one would appear to be older and the other younger than I thought, and though I am separated from both by water, I am not brave enough to say which is which, and I am not saying how old my son is, but I was very young when he was born
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• In the last 5 weeks I have been presented with a great grandson and one of my best friends has also had a son (she thought she was going through the change) ( now there's an old expression). I have a major O birthday next week, I will then have to accept geriactricy.

On to things gardening. I bought a rose arch from Aldi on Monday. I haven't opened the box yet, but looking at the picture on the outside gave me an idea. I want a pergola on my shed. If I bought 2 more arches can I adapt them to make the pergola. My daughter's not impressed. She thinks that because it was so cheap it won't last and I will be looking for something more robust in a couple of years. Opinions on a piece of paper (this site).
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Agreed very weird weather today from sun to cloud to rain to hail and very cold brrr. Got rained on 3 times so was not too happy about that.

Janie, a pergola sounds wonderful. I have no idea how you would do that with rose arches but it sounds good. If you manage it, I'd love to see pics

Hoping for some nicer weather tomorrow. I got half a day in the greenhouse before it got too cold to be in there. More like winter than Spring right now.

Night everyone
                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• JanieB,you do NOT have to accept your age,i haven't mine,you are still a living person,if you not like what you see in the mirror,then look away ,or better still get to know the new you ,

sweet dreams all,have a nice sleep everyone,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                    In the last 5 weeks I have been presented with a great grandson and one of my best friends has also had a son (she thought she was going through the change) ( now there's an old expression). I have a major O birthday next week, I will then have to accept geriactricy.

On to things gardening. I bought a rose arch from Aldi on Monday. I haven't opened the box yet, but looking at the picture on the outside gave me an idea. I want a pergola on my shed. If I bought 2 more arches can I adapt them to make the pergola. My daughter's not impressed. She thinks that because it was so cheap it won't last and I will be looking for something more robust in a couple of years. Opinions on a piece of paper (this site).
                    Janie tell you daughter that price doesn't mean quality, I bought a riddle from Aldi 3 years ago for £4. 0. and its good quality made of stainless steel.
                    As for the age thing age is just a state of mind, even the ones with the 0 in them are just numbers, ask some Grapes and they will tell you the same we have went through more than a handful of 0s in fact some close to a second handful
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      Janie tell you daughter that price doesn't mean quality, I bought a riddle from Aldi 3 years ago for £4. 0. and its good quality made of stainless steel.
                      As for the age thing age is just a state of mind, even the ones with the 0 in them are just numbers, ask some Grapes and they will tell you the same we have went through more than a handful of 0s in fact some close to a second handful
                      I couldn't give a stuff about my age. It's just a number. I love my life and I'm fit and healthy for my age. I just regret the passing of my oh and wish he was still here.

Back to the arches (no, no not the Archers). I thought that if I bought 2 more I could install them against the shed and find some way of providing a roof. Until I open the box I won't have any idea as to how to go about this.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Why am i up so late? Aaaaarrrgh

I bought a cheap arch from wilko last year. It's showing signs of rust, but stood up to the strong winter winds we have here. Mind you, it's strung with netting and is used to grow climbing peas so nothing on it in winter. I bough another two recently.

This probably doesn't help at all, so I'm off to bed before I subject you all to more late night wibbling

Nos da everyone
                        Last edited by happyhumph; 26-04-2017, 11:18 PM. Reason: Spell check again
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Morning! Looks like I'm the first one up so I will make breakfast Have something nice, Full English, continental, Scots porridge whatever ...

Very bad ground frost overnight. Hope my outdoor lettuce is ok. Looking forward to getting better weather.

It went down to 1.1 in the greenhouse night before last. Be interesting to see what the overnight temperature was last night. Brrrr

Have a great day everyone
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good Morning All Having my head shaved this afternoon - my hairdresser is retiring on Saturday. Have a good day

Comment

• Hi all

Flo do you mean "cut" ?

Well a quick look in the green house and in one part its 0 degrees and in others between 0.1 - 0.4 C Bummox I wish I had used the terracotta pot and candle last night as there is frost of the roofs and the ground.
                              Last edited by Cadalot; 27-04-2017, 05:17 AM.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• No Cad I don't know what I'm going to do without her after 25+ years

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X