No announcement yet.

Minor rant thread 2017

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are babysitting it for you bario! ......just having a massive hailstorm....lightning has just started too!

Just when we needed to crack on with the weeding too!

I should really disconnect from the internet...
    Last edited by Nicos; 27-02-2017, 02:46 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That the hospitals 2 hands are very disfunctional

That buses are great (I don't drive as I'm as blind as a bat) but I do wish people would not get on and off them at random locations.

That the company who runs the hospital TV and phone bedside thingy did not take the mickey out of the sick or their relatives.

That not a single seed has been dumped in compost etc.

That ready meals look good on the pictures but taste like carp.

That instant noodles either end up as thin soup or thick enough to carve because I have yet again got the water wrong.

That storm Doris meant it took me over 2 hours to get home from the hospital.............................

I'm sure there is more but I don't want you all to think that I'm a moany old bat!
      Last edited by Lumpy; 27-02-2017, 06:58 PM.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Getting the new laptop up and running slowly but I can't get Adblock plus to work on this site so I am up to my knees in ads..........................
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• A good couple of days then Lumpy......

My rant....i thought kids were supposed to get cheaper when there had their own homes!

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^Someone lives in Cuckoo Land lol
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Well !! I almost got round to planting my first seeds of the year, Sweet Peas, so I search for the packet that I ordered! Mmmmm no where to be found, so check my seed order, silly me didn't order them! I remember reading all about the different varieties, then obviously couldn't decide! Daft or what!
              DottyR

Comment

• OK so Gertie the Greenhouse is firmly placed in the garden. - she looks like a real stunner as she is tiny and petite.

Now what do I do with all the bits that are left over?

How do I solve the rain on the inside? How can I stop the door from shooting off its rollers when I open it? How do I plug up all the various holes at ALL of the joints? Will the window ever close?

Can the wind stay away until I have solved my Gertie problems - BM I really wish you lived alot closer as I could make you my Gertie Fixer!
                Last edited by Lumpy; 03-03-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• A Possible Solution

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                  Getting the new laptop up and running slowly but I can't get Adblock plus to work on this site so I am up to my knees in ads..........................
                  Have you tried GHOSTERY?

Comment

• When my daughter was here last week to help declutter she said "I know how upset you were last time Mum so I promise I won't throw anything out without your approval first". Hahaha! So when we went to the tip a load of my tiny dollshouse stuff fell out of a bag. I rescued what I could find without her seeing. I saw the coatrack from the hall go into a skip.

Today I've found out that my 200/300 plant labels have been chucked. So I'm sitting here watching The Chase and making a few urgently.

I had a text from my daughter today saying she's coming over again during the week to have a go at the spare bedroom where everything in the house is stored whilst my son renews the electrics in the house. It has been in there for over a year as he hasn't done it.

I haven't replied yet as I do not trust her as she seems to have the idea that if it's something she doesn't know the use of I don't need it so it gets binned. All the things in the shed and in the spare room were robustly decluttered before being stored so I dread to think what else she's chucked that I haven't found out about yet.

So as to not upsetting me, she has failed dismally but if I don't let her she'll give my son the impression that I don't want the house finished. I can't sort it out until I have storage. If I buy storage it will defeat the object of having the majority of the house stored in one room to keep it clear for the electrics and plumbing.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Tax year end, final and biggest exam and decorating the bed room - all at the same time (and when I should be sowing seeds!) Why do I do it to myself?!

Comment

• Well I dont usually rant but today I have two.

First rant. Storm Doris crashed two large panes of glass from my greenhouse.

Second rant. French air traffic control strike left us waiting two hours extra this afternoon in Malaga Airport. Up at 7.30 this morning and didnt get home until 5.O'clock this evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• 24 hours he was home for ,then he had to go back in hospital...i really really hate cancer.

Comment

• Ouch B*&&$*, when will you ever learn turn the ................electric off

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Will somebody please just stop me............................OH has to go back to bed for 3-4 hours in the afternoon.....................so far so good.

Today it has rained all day so I have been left in total control of the laptop and the debit card.

I don't need multi coloured carrots - why on earth do I want purple, white and red ones when my orange ones are brilliant?
                              I don't need some weird and wonderful radish variety as the ones I have are good enough.
                              Why on earth do I want brocali raab? To make matters worse its a wasabi flavour.

I have a tiny garden with NO space for these bordom buys.........................................................................................somebody please stop me.
                              Last edited by Lumpy; 12-03-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^ Cable, wire snips........................................CUT!!!!!!!!!!

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X