No announcement yet.

Minor rant thread 2017

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before my son turned up and took me out for a meal I'd planned a fry up and put a spud in the microwave to cook for a couple of minutes to be ready for frying later. I heard a bang and assumed the spud had exploded even though I'd pierced it with a fork first. No. It was the glass turntable which has split in half. I've since found out this can happen if the glass has a fault in it. The microwave is fairly new so I now have to source a new turntable.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Janie - if its new is it still under warranty? You may be able to get it replaced?

My rant - I'm at work and someone has nicked my cottage cheese out of the fridge. How very rude!!

Comment

• I get logged out of the forum every couple of hours and can't find the box to tick to stay logged in.
        Please will someone stop me seething?
        Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
        By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
        While better men than we go out and start their working lives
        At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Is it the "Remember me" tick box next to your name & password when you log in?

Comment

• I haven't got that.
            At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Are you using a phone to access the site? If you are put the wrong username or password next time and the new prompt screen will show the box.

My rant COTRT
              Last edited by Greenleaves; 15-03-2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• 1. How quickly and easily a child can disappear out of your site and also not answer to you calling Bless her she was only trying to be helpful by opening the door for someone. Still scared the bejesus out of me!

2. Going on a site to buy a new washing up bowl, find myself looking at gardening stuff and next I am adding dahlia tubers Thankfully they have all been removed.

Comment

• Their here...........................................................................just seen my first cabbage white - I must get some brassica's started to give them something to decimate.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                    Are you using a phone to access the site? If you are put the wrong username or password next time and the new prompt screen will show the box.
                    You can do that with a phone?

The fix worked anyway, thanks Greenleaves.
                    Last edited by mrbadexample; 15-03-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                      Their here...........................................................................just seen my first cabbage white - I must get some brassica's started to give them something to decimate.
                      And, this evening to add insult to piggin injury I took some bits up to the bins and what I thought was a curled up last years leaf went squish under my foot.....................................back to bucket, salty water and headtorch tomorrow then because the huge Spanish bluggers are AWAKE!
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Apple slicer broke as I was pushing down on an apple, broke, & sliced into my hand.......
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Signed up to BeaTties call protect service - great! Wanted to add a number to it today (some lumphead who rang 4 times and just said "can you hear me?" to which I kept answering "Hello? Hello?" till he got tired of it and rang off ), and it took me half an hour to find a link to the page I needed. If you offer a service, put a bladdy link to it where I expect to find it - on the callprotect page, numpties!
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• And adblock plus seems to have stopped working
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mothhawk, there is supposed to be a scam going round at the moment where the caller uses just that phrase so they can record you saying yes, for what devious purpose I know not.
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I know ittttt's chatting,but needs must,it's so they can say you DID agree to paying for something,then USE YOUR tape recording as proof,thus leaving you no leg to stand on,i only hope things go well for you.
                                I can rant that bloody apple slicer poor HH
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 15-03-2017, 09:15 PM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X