Just realised that Balders is almost an anagram of Bladder
      I think I know what will happen next
      VC are you taking the pee
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

As I now find myself cursed with adulthood and mature thinking here is a revised plan for the Gardeners Rest Halloween Party.

6.30 pm - Welcoming words by the Moderators

7.00 pm - Cake judging (please note that no cake will be accepted for judging if it is too scary, rude or decorated with anything other than flowers)

7.30 pm - Tea and scones - the burger van is no longer an option as it is not a healthy eating option)

8.00 pm - The carved pumpkin competition - nothing to scary as us oldies frighten easy.

8.30 pm - Closing speech as the Moderators hand out free pairs of bed socks made from small squares of quilting.

Please also note that NO fancy dress will be allowed. Full formal wear is expected.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Flowers and / or leaves perchance ?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
            As I now find myself cursed with adulthood and mature thinking here is a revised plan for the Gardeners Rest Halloween Party.

6.30 pm - Welcoming words by the Moderators

7.00 pm - Cake judging (please note that no cake will be accepted for judging if it is too scary, rude or decorated with anything other than flowers)

7.30 pm - Tea and scones - the burger van is no longer an option as it is not a healthy eating option)

8.00 pm - The carved pumpkin competition - nothing to scary as us oldies frighten easy.

8.30 pm - Closing speech as the Moderators hand out free pairs of bed socks made from small squares of quilting.

Please also note that NO fancy dress will be allowed. Full formal wear is expected.
            Who are you ? ............ And what have you done with lumpy?

I retract my earlier statement of lumpys the girl for the job, until such time as she unscrews her sensible head and rolls it far far away!
            We want, expected and dam well deserve nutters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Flowers and / or leaves perchance ?
              WHAT this time off year,cold and leaves falling of the trees,shiver me timbers,i think hot water bottle and the 2 halves of Carrie's squash tied together with left over garden twine.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Sorry to say this, SP, but I prefer Lumpy's revised programme So much more genteel and befitting. I can't abide the trick or treat mentality which seems to be part of Halloween these days. Just the thought of Cadders and Bladders in suspenders is enough to scare me witless
                Bring on the cake and lets bob our apples together in a great vat of Mull-ed wine. A good old singsong round the bonfire and a mug of cocoa at midnight.!
                What better way could there be of spending an evening, than with friends, all happy and smiley?

Comment

Sorry but there will be NO wine, bobbing or mulled anything.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Thats better Lumpy, you are beginning to see my way of thinking

Comment

-------now I'm genuinely worried for dear, confused Lumpy............
                      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

I must admit it is very difficult trying to be so adult and rational all of the while........I'm starting to worry about myself especially since Greenleaves seems to approve.

Comment

Don't worry about it Lumpy. It takes time and dedication to become adult and rational but one day, you too could become as sensible as Greenleaves and myself, VC said modestly

Comment

LUMPY its not too late think about the Lyrics to All The Madmen by Bowie

Day after day
                            They send my friends away
                            To mansions cold and grey
                            To the far side of town
                            Where the thin men stalk the streets
                            While the sane stay underground

Day after day
                            They tell me I can go
                            They tell me I can blow
                            To the far side of town
                            Where it's pointless to be high
                            'Cause it's such a long way down

They are trying to get you to grow up resist COME BACK TO US and think

Cause I'd rather stay here
                            With all the madmen
                            Than perish with the sad men roaming free
                            And I'd rather play here
                            With all the madmen
                            For I'm quite content they're all as sane
                            As me

We want the old Lumpy, We want the old Lumpy etc etc.
                            Last edited by Cadalot; 16-10-2016, 10:02 AM.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Cad I think - Bombed out in space on a spaced out bomb suits me better.

Ta anyway.......I must admit being a sensible adult is very tiring.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X