No announcement yet.

How Do You Spend The Winter Months?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't managed to do much gardening this year, other than what went in early - toms, spuds and carrots. But have, finally, gotten my plans to eat more fermented food underway. So far this year I've learnt how to ferment soy beans (natto) and, just this week actually, I've started making kefir. Want to try at least one more thing before the year's out. Thinking maybe sauerkraut... not that I've ever tasted it but it looks easier than kimchi.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
      BM, could you please ask how folks will be passing their time rather than how they will SPEND their time,
      To be honest Rary, I did think of you when writing the title & did consider using "Pass" but then I thought.......No, to overcome your fears you have to face them head on..............so I left it just for you...........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

In each allotment I've had I always tried to have the beds full of produce during the winter months, that was my goal. Because of this I was busier during the winter than the summer.
        My new project plot will take up the time this winter and I am gutted that I won't be able to grow anything on my scrapheap challenge this winter.
        Having said that, and if i get my finger out, my proposal would be that as I got each keyhole bed ready i would plant it up!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
          Is vodka not made from fermented vegetables....
          Is that true? Lordy Lordy I'm gonna be the picture of health real soon then.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X