No announcement yet.

How Do You Spend The Winter Months?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it's gotta be,what i feel like at the time,given the weather ext,but it would be nice to get the fruit bushes moved to the new area,playing with seeds is the only other MUST ,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I arrange 2 plant and seed swaps- one in November and one in March....so sorting out seeds, advertising etc takes quiet a bit of time espesh as 3 of the original 5 peeps organising it have dropped out!

I also make felt Xmas decorations for a couple of Xmas Fairs, so that takes a while.....

I'd love to spend time on my family tree as I've sadly neglected it for a few years....
      I expect I'll be helping OH ripping out the bathroom ( to the stone walls and starting anew)

Somehow though I'd like to get on top of the borders with mulching if the weather allows....

Oh, and no doubt I'll help with splitting wood for our wood stoves .....

Don't think I have time to get bored!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        VC scuttles off to her gwely singing (off key) "For I'm only a cock-eyed octopus.............."
        Nos da!
        I'd like to know if that's part of a real song......

As for the winter months, I hope I shall be eating fresh salad from my hallway and I'll be all happy and bright because the grow lights will make me think I'm in the Bahamas!

I also intend doing more cooking from scratch and learning about fermenting vegetables (which sounds not wonderful to me if I'm honest but apparently the health benefits are great ).

Comment

Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post

Comment

Optimist! :

Comment

It'll always be Octopus to me!!

Comment

Love it - you've got to shove that up on the 'Rant thread'.
                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Ermmmmmmmmmmmm Why the Rant thread Kelvin?

Comment

Ermmmmmmmmmmmm Why the Rant thread Kelvin?
                    I loved it - uplifting with a certain innocence. I'm downloading to my mp3.

Let's get it posted in the 'happy thread', cause it's great, and in the 'Rant thread' to cool the jets of the miserable s0ds.
                    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

How I'd like to spend the winter months -

But as HMG will not allow me to retire for another 5 years, this is how I actually spend the winter months -

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                        I loved it - uplifting with a certain innocence. I'm downloading to my mp3.

Let's get it posted in the 'happy thread', cause it's great, and in the 'Rant thread' to cool the jets of the miserable s0ds.
                        You really are that "Dope with a thing called Hope" aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                          What tape and glue do you use BM?
                          Something like kitchen roll would be ideal, for glue I use just simple flour & water.........I prefer sheets to tape as they are easier to handle.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                            What tape and glue do you use BM?
                            You got me thinking there Sal so I just checked a piece of kitchen roll & didn't realise it was actually 3 ply so after separating them, when folded in half would make perfect seed sheets........so 3 sheets out of 1 piece of kitchen roll has to be a winner.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post

As for the winters months, learning about fermenting vegetables (which sounds not wonderful to me if I'm honest but apparently the health benefits are great ).
                              Is vodka not made from fermented vegetables, I will now go and try some, to increase the health benefits I mix it with blackcurrant juice.
                              BM, could you please ask how folks will be passing their time rather than how they will SPEND their time, as I seem to get a bad feeling when I read or hear that word I know it is hard to believe a word can cause some one to feel ill when they hear a word, but I just have to live with it
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                Something like kitchen roll would be ideal, for glue I use just simple flour & water.........I prefer sheets to tape as they are easier to handle.
                                BM are you feeling ok? you gave a sensible answer

I always thought you used Gorilla glue and tape

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X