Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief!
    I've just checked up the Medal table!

We're 3rd...and very close on the heels of China!

Really , really Brill
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Fabulous comeback by Mo Farah after that fall, and was also on the edge of my seat with the team cycling.

I always love the range of sports, most of which are hardly televised other than the olympics. To see Bryony Page get her silver on the trampoline was just a delight. I'm sure she's been training for just as hard and as long as many of the bigger names.

I'm hooked on the diving at the moment. The commentator Leon Taylor is excellent and able to predict the judges scores straight away - he's very witty about the green pool too.

Fingers crossed for Andy Murray this evening, it'd be fabulous if the flag bearer keeps his gold title.

Comment

...and now in 2nd place?....just utterly incredible!

Hats off to all the competitors representing us...flipping brilliant!

Comment

^^^ Especially Max Whitlock

Comment

Absolutely loving the coverage so far... just gutted all the good stuff is in the wee hours! I sooo wanted to stay up for the mens 100m... but definitely wouldnt have been conducive to being at work today!

Comment

It's over for another 4 years .... We had a great games that's for sure.

Special moments:
              The Brownlee brothers show them how it's done in the Triathlon
              Women's Hockey Final
              and
              The Dutch girl surviving that terrible crash in the cycling. When I saw it, I honestly thought she had broken her neck and been killed. What a relief that she was okay.
              Last edited by Knight of Albion; 22-08-2016, 09:12 PM.
              Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
              Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Really enjoyed the games, though still suffering from a confused body clock from staying up so late to watch the athletics. Highlights for me were the diving, rowing, swimming - also really enjoyed the kayaking which I've never seen before.

It's sad to think that the big hitters like Bolt, Phelps, Ennis-Hill and Farah won't be at Tokyo, but a pleasure to see them all do so well in their final games.

Looking forward to the paralympics now - just hope the audiences are bigger than anticipated.

Comment

....And still managed to hang on to 2 nd place!
                  Fantastic!
                  Really proud , so much hard work with their training has clearly payed off.

Well done!

Over the years I've worked a lot with people with physical disabilities and am astounded at the technological advances helping people to regain their independence .
                  To see the advert on the TV about the Paralympics makes me feel super proud, and yes, I too am looking forward to watching the Paralympics .
                  I think there are going to be some very exciting moments.....

Oh, and yup....Tokyo is 8 hrs ahead, so 2020 is going to be a bit of another nocturnal event for us

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X