No announcement yet.

The Olympics 2016 Thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been watching the opening on and off tonight - it's cleverly done using projections and (fairly) simple props. Full marks so far, Brazil.

Comment

So the opening ceremony was good then ?
      I missed it. We went out.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        So the opening ceremony was good then ?
        I missed it. We went out.
        I went to bed. It was already about 11.30 which is late enough for me and before the ceremony (which I'd have watched if it wasn't for the time difference) had started

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I watched it until the teams started coming out into the arena. I enjoyed it, too!
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I intended watching it on my iPad , but got a message saying the programme had been suspended at the moment ( presumably because I'm not in the UK)

So- I missed it. Ah well.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I watched most of the ceremony and really enjoyed it, though kept nodding off and missed both Ireland and the UK walking into arena.

I love the Olympics and Paralympics and will watch as much as I can. We were lucky enough to get tickets for 2012....even though the 2 day trip cost us an absolute fortune it was well worth it.

Comment

The BBC are being picky about me posting the 5min vid of the opening ceremony highlights here, so here's a link to it instead

bbc opening ceremony highlights
                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 06-08-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Darn!
                  That's also been blocked for me!
                  Thanks for trying Hazel
                  Last edited by Nicos; 06-08-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

See if the video here works Nicos .... Rio Olympics 2016: Opening ceremony celebrates Brazil to open Games - BBC Sport
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Really enjoying it so far, I live in Uttoxeter so am well chuffed with the start that Adam Peaty has made.

Also, sooooo pleased for William Fox-Pitt.
                      Last edited by SaraJH; 06-08-2016, 07:06 PM. Reason: Autocorrect!

Comment

Enjoyed watching the cycling..
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                          Enjoyed watching the cycling..
                          The men's road race was brilliant, soooo gutted for Geraint Thomas but what a finish, really exciting last 20k
                          Last edited by SaraJH; 06-08-2016, 09:01 PM. Reason: Confusing cyclists with cricketers!

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post

Nope!...but thanks for trying BB x

Comment

Nicos, can you get an IP blocker app so that you appear as being from the UK?
                              Last edited by SaraJH; 06-08-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I watched the cycling with my heart in my mouth when there were those crashes late on! I don't understand how cycling works (this working as a pack thing in the peloton (?sp) to ensure everyone benefits), but I do understand a good ol' fashioned sprint finish. Hope Geraint Jones is ok - made the finish line, but when I left it earlier, he was recieving medical attention. Don't think you can go careetng down the side of a mountain at - like - 100mph and come off without some consequence.

Saw a bit of the gents gymnastics (the commentator was an absolute sound-alike for Johnny Vegas, which was a bit weird), and a bit of the boxing.

Didn't see the rowing, but I think we did ok? and saw some of the girls' rugby sevens, which was pretty exciting too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X