Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xmas Dinner...what are you intending to grow this year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Dinner...what are you intending to grow this year?

Well...we're nearly half way there!
    are you going to try to grow something new/ different?
    I'm growing parsnips for the first time for ages.... espesh for the Event.....
    ( nothing like planning ahead is there?)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Seriously !!!!!??????
    Give me a break . It's summmmmerrrrrrr. Enjoy summer
    Northern England.

Comment

I hope to have home grown three s's ...... 'snips. spuds (new & roasted) & sprouts
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I'm going to grow................. a beard

This is so depressing

Comment

The he...nothing like being prepared!
          My son has given me some purple sprout seeds....is it too late to sow them..will they be ready in time?

Comment

Potatoes, carrots and, successfully for the first time, sprouts.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Hahahaha! ��������

I must admit that most of our first year growing is all geared around C******** dinner. So, we are hoping to be serving home grown parsnips, carrots, spuds, cabbage, cauli, swede and of course the obligatory sprouts

I LOVE C******** and I apologise in advance but I will be like a child throughout December
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-06-2016, 10:29 PM. Reason: Using a word when its not December

Comment

Snap Sara...you're going to love it on the Vine in the run up....you think we're crazy now?...well...

It actually feels an eternity away at the moment...windows open,crickets singing their little hearts out, 19C out there and only recently got dark!

I've also been given some white carrots I might give a go...

Comment

I'm planning to make a huge pavlova using eggs from my hens and raspberries, red and blackcurrants from the garden.
                  I'm also going to try and dehydrate grapes, currants and damsons to use instead of shop bought dried fruit in my mince pies.

My parsnips failed and failed again so I might chuck the remaining seed in a bucket in the hope of baby snips for xmas dinner.

Carrots are doing great so I'm counting on those.

Want to make my own sage and onion stuffing, horseradish sauce and redcurrant jelly.

sprout have been slugged but I'm still hoping the little slime covered stumps will somehow burst back into life.....

Damson vodka, sloe gin and assortec rumtofts for me and for gifts along with jams and chutneys...

Gosh, I'm feeling quite festive all of a sudden!
                  http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Snap Sara...you're going to love it on the Vine in the run up....you think we're crazy now?...well...

It actually feels an eternity away at the moment...windows open,crickets singing their little hearts out, 19C out there and only recently got dark!

I've also been given some white carrots I might give a go...
                    Honestly, I go giddy thinking of it! We have two indoor trees, a a garland down the stairs, C******** bunting strung on the kitchen beams. I could go on but I fear the pointy stick that VC is sharpening.....
                    Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-06-2016, 10:30 PM. Reason: Using the C word

Comment

I'm hoping we can save some pink elderflower champagne this year.
                      It was so delish last year we guzzled it all!
                      They are just coming into flower so hopefully we'll be able to get a batch started soon!

Comment

Yay Muddled, please join the Crimbo Crew!

Comment

Nicos!!! I looooove C******** but not in June! Get on that naughty step!
                          Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-06-2016, 10:31 PM. Reason: Using the C Word - should know better

Comment

Did I mention that I have already started C******** shopping
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-06-2016, 10:31 PM. Reason: Norty word

Comment

Oi Mod's, there has been the use of THAT WORD twice in this thread already
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X