Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket, love it or hate it or just don't understand it.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think of this reply in another 50 years! I was 18 when I met my OH, knew nothing about cricket, and didn't really want to, but I dutifully watched when he played, once, then twice a week, and even learned how to score. I scored for his team for 6 years. 10 years later, when we had a 6 yr old son, he started learning. I dutifully watched the two of them when they played, made teas, joined the ladies committee, became treasurer. Both are still playing, and my 7 year old grandson has just finished his first season with the under 9s (unbeaten!). I don't think I'll ever escape the game, but I have started horse riding again, at 65 and after 30 years, and nobody dare say a word!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      French Open what?
      Many, many bottles of wine VC that really should be a sport

I was rubbish at playing, can't bowl, can't bat & catching hurt my hands So I got a few beers & did the score board.
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

When I was a kid my dad used to take me to the local cricket matches and I vividly remember being hit on the head by a ball over the boundary line. Never been the same since. There is something leisurely about hearing leather on willow and the funny terms they use like silly mid-off and leg by. I love watching the series "Outside Edge" but can't understand why they keep rubbing their balls on their trousers. Mods - nothing rude meant by that - just an observation.
        I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

I'm surprised than nobody has mentioned Booker T & the M.G's with possibly the very best thing about cricket, I defy anyone not to tap their feet to this ..........

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X