This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    We're going to need to do something about that sh!t fairy.
    It's having a busy week Nicos, I got messaged a short while ago to say the clock was on 'overrun', so looks like weeks/days rather than the predicted 3-6 months
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Oh dear. I'm sure you already know that councils have a legal obligation to provide land for allotments, also I think they have to give a years notice and compensation if they want to turf you off. So they must have some clever wheeze in mind.
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Sorry to read that Martin, happened to us one year, again not much taken but left one hell of a mess.

Hope you are both coping with the invasion of your privacy

Comment

Not nice to come home to after a lovely holiday, poor you and Mrs Martin.

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
          Just kids I think. They opened all the drawers but didn't disturb much. They took 2 bunches of keys and a few bits of cheap jewelry. They didn't look very hard or they'd have found some cash too.

All in all I feel we got off lightly.
          Not car keys in among them I hope?
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Did anyone else get an error message just now (20:16) ...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
              Well! What a day! Did the plot for a few, then approached by allotment secretary! Local rag on site yesterday! Why?

When questioned! Leaked document! Seems the council are deemed to shut down the lot!

Over my dead body!

Crises meeting set for 12 tomorrow! Wish us luck!
              Good luck tomorrow Deano, see if there is anything here that may support your case like, have they got consent from The Secretary Of State - Section 1.5 & 1.6

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ternatives.pdf
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-04-2016, 07:46 PM.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                Did anyone else get an error message just now (20:16) ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63133[/ATTACH]
                Yes, been a bit iffy for a while. I think they've found the shilling for the meter now

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Yes, been a bit iffy for a while. I think they've found the shilling for the meter now
                  Not just me then, after that I got the standard 'timeout' message from gurgle, all seems OK now

Comment

I think we're ok now, someone's plugged in the charger:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I have found the Vine been very slow. Have had to refresh the screen quite a few times now.

So sorry to hear about your break in Martin. Sorry to hear about the threat to your allotment plots Deano.

Not been a great day for anyone really.
                      sigpic

Comment

Fingers crossed for you Deano

Comment

Evening all..

Busy day in the garden for me today..Shoved a load more tomatoes out to one greenhouse and did lots of potting on.Potted on some cabbage, Pak Choi and broccoli too and sowed more lettuce, peas , cabbage, sweetcorn and cauliflower.
                          Did some weeding too and dug out some rogue raspberry invaders..
                          Watching a movie with the kids now..

Sorry to hear your bad news Deano (good luck tomorrow) and Martin..Hope you enjoyed Vegas
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Not nice to come home to after a lovely holiday, poor you and Mrs Martin.

Not car keys in among them I hope?
                            They didn't find mine but unfortunately they took my daughter's car keys. Her husband is currently researching how to get the locks changed.
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Horrible little toe rags Martin, it's not just that theyve taken your stuff, it's the feeling of personal intrusion ...
                              Deano, fight the good fight and hope it all works out well for you ...

Diggin again for a couple of hours, the end is in sight ... Excited about getting my 'plot' finished and flourishing!
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Martin - As a short term fix, would it pay to have a switched isolator fitted to the car?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X