X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh brownies? *arrives at small pumpkin's house*

Good luck GG.

Grey, windy and distinctly chilly here. Winter coats and heating on... My hardened-off curcurbits look bright eyed and bushy tailed, though!

Attached Files

Comment

• Heh. Photo right way up....

Comment

• They look healthy bee.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Clouding over a bit now. Did a little bit of watering of a few things but especially of the last row of potatoes I have to earth up. How comes all my potatoes are flowering already? Even my maincrops. Bizarre. Are they happy? Are they stressed? I have no idea.

Anyway, another day of work calls. Already looking forward to lunch!

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

• I knoooooow!

It's a freaking miracle! I've been rubbish at raising seed in the past! Grow house and cheapo heated propagator makes all the difference. I'm a lucky bunny.

Comment

• Woohooooo! I'm SUPER excited ~~~~~~~ my topsoil has just been delivered..!!!! ~~~~~~~

Now just gotta barrow it all in to my awaiting beds...!!!

And guess what? It's flippin' raining now ......... patience Susie, patience ........
              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Mmmmm who said about chocolate brownies Yum. I'm meant to be going on a diet but that can wait

Am freezing cold. Was boiling hot yesterday and out planting. Today am wrapped up in every wooly I've got. Hope my mangetout is OK and managing with the sudden cold. Left everything in PT today as not much difference between temp in there and outside. Poor seeds have no chance of germinating in this.

Not doing any gardening in this cold weather brrrr.
                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
                  Morning! Woke up at 5.30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I think I officially have 'old folk timing' now. It's a thing you know. !
                  Is this an other thing to look forward to when I get old, at what age will it start. Just so as I will be ready for it
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon Folks, quite a change from yesterday with a cold wind blowing though when sheltered and the sun out, its quite nice, can't get anything done just now as my OHs out with our daughter and I have the youngest grandson who is ill he is running a bit of a temperature at present so have to stay in with him, had intended to mix up some soil, which I collected this morning from some mole hills, with some mpc and some 6X added. Need to go GSon very restless
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      Is this an other thing to look forward to when I get old, at what age will it start. Just so as I will be ready for it
                      Haha! Think I've always been on 'old folk timing' ..... always awake with the sunrise ... Ok in winter .... But not at 4 am ..... Gaaargh, need.to.sleep.

Hope Gson feelin' better, rary ...
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Yip, hope grandson feels better soon rary!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,we got the heating on low as well,i managed 2 hours before the phone woke me up,awe poor Gson rary hugs on the way,talking cake,i keep threatening to make some,the trouble is,it goes quick out the box,good luck with the topsoil Susie,we will be glad when MR has been advised of the correct way to get in & out the car,staring to feel a bit trapped now,hopefully tomoz will be the day,then when we both confident enough,it will be the lottie plots for several hours and a pic nic,things I need to do.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I bet Mr LD has a lovely time at your plots, LD. Always good for the soul to be outdoors. Hope you have a great day when you get there.

Comment

• It'll be great for Mr LD to be at your plot, fresh air, sunshine(??) and he'll be able to tinker around 'til his hearts content..!!! . And you'll get so much out of it too, being where you love to be ....

A pic of my lovely, lush topsoil - just waiting to be introduced to its new beds .....

I know you all understand just how much pleasure these two lovely bags of goodness are going to give me ....!!!!!!
                              Oh yes, two free bags of compost came along with my order, too!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SusieG; 25-05-2016, 03:32 PM.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Well today being my birthday, turning the grand old age of 31! I'm going to enjoy a short nap after being at work all day before the OH finishes and comes over.
                                I was given a choice of going pretty much anywhere for dinner, but me being me I opted for Pizza Hut, on the condition I get stuffed crust and the unlimited ice cream
                                Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X