No announcement yet.

Hair

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Very pretty! In the end I didn't have the guts to go for it yesterday...maybe next time!
    sigpic

Comment

Can I just say to those of you who might be picturing me as an aging Shirley Temple with my mop of ringlets haha, I only look like that just after its been washed. One step out in the wind and I look more like the wild woman of the woods...not sure that vision will be very fetching either
      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Know what you mean,when mine is wet,it looks better,as it dries,the wire wool fizz pops up,i can get it to look ok with a hot brush,but breath on it and it's fizz,have been letting it grow a bit between the trims,but now it HAS to be taken down a peg or 2,as for color,am chewing that 1 over,will consult with my trimmer on tueday,i HATE it just now,feel and look like an old hag,hehe
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I like the old hag look, I reckon it will make a come back
          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Oh how I envy you lot your hair! I always had long thick shiny dark hair - down to my waist half the time. I think it was a rebellion against having it all chopped off when I started school (looked like a boy, and cried for days) and again when moving to secondary school (hated it and stropped until it grew).

It started to thin over the years, and is now patchy due to eczema. I keep it as long as I can, to cover the gaps, but really don't know what to do with it. I can't abide having short hair - I'm so used to being able to tie it back or up, and I really can't be arrissed with 'doing' a style every day.

Love yours ancee - it looks fab!

I have a chum whose long straight hair has grown back curly after chemo. She always wanted curly hair!
            Last edited by Glutton4...; 01-02-2016, 07:19 PM.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Cousin it look!And aging rockstar,startled owl look! ! I usually wear a ponytail or a bun!
              Attached Files
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

For once, I'm lost for words, Snadger! You are definitely Cousin It
                *Swoons*

Comment

My grandaughter, who is 12, got her lovely long hair cut a few weeks ago and donated her ponytail to the Rapunsal Foundation for childrens cancer. We were so proud of her.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I spent a lot of my life getting my very straight hair permed. As soon as there was any damp in the air my hair reverted to afro. If I curled it sans perm it reverted to straight. Which is why I now go for au naturel.

A friend has recently posted on FB that she is willing to have her very long and very pretty hair cut off for a cancer charity. I'm wondering if myself and 2 others that I know of joined her we might raise a lot more money.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Sounds a lovely idea JanieB, go for it!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        My grandaughter, who is 12, got her lovely long hair cut a few weeks ago and donated her ponytail to the Rapunsal Foundation for childrens cancer. We were so proud of her.
                        Ironically my friend with the post-chemo curls originally grew hers long and had it cut off for the children's cancer charity. About two months later she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

BUT DON'T LET THAT PUT YOU OFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Cousin it look!And aging rockstar,startled owl look! ![ATTACH=CONFIG]61697[/ATTACH] I usually wear a ponytail or a bun!
                          Yet again my mental picture is completely wrong!

I'm inclined to g**gle people to see what they look like, radio presentes for example, and they never look like I imagined they would from hearing their voices.

Weird!

Comment

I dislike the whole faff with hairdressers too so cut my own. I also got poked with scissors a few times as a kid.

Maybe people could sponsor you too if yo do cut it for charity?
                            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                            If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

I used to cut my own hair,but the elastic snapping in me shoulder put pay to that activity,still do MR's
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I got completely fed up with my hair last year so I borrowed my dad's clippers and shaved the lot off. Most liberating thing I've ever done. I used to hide behind hair and make-up. Now I don't have any hair, seldom wear make-up and, for the first time ever, I actually feel attractive. Go figure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X