The 52 Week Challenge - Week by week through 2016

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wk 5 - 1st February - 7th February

My challenge for the week is to convert a dog kennel into a chicken coop . Haven't seen the kennel yet so not sure what's needed.

What are you doing?

Comment

Week 5.........went to the garden centre and only came away with what i went for in the first place

making a new door way in-between the two chicken runs, not my idea as i think they might get stuck in one or the other but can always close one off.
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Week Five - started work on a fedge!

To break up the garden a bit - we are just a field really - this is going at the top of a bank which has been planted with herbacious perennials,beyond which is grass, the fruit garden and a wildflower meadow.

So far I have dug a slot and put in about 25 cuttings of goat willow taken from our woodland boundary. It is free, grows well, is native and is the food plant for the purple emperor butterfly caterpillar.
        Eventually I want it to have a wavy topline and end in a loop with a hidden seat in the middle. In about a decade!!

(And still reading Dora Bruda...)
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

My first months challrnge.
          week 1. Empty all the top presses in the three bedrooms, also the airing cupboard.
          week 2 . Paint my bedroom walls.
          week3. Paint all the doors in the house white.
          week 4. Get my carpet doen on the bedroom.

So,pleased to ssy all tasks completed.

Challenge for first week of February.
          walk 5 kilometers every day irrespective of the weather.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Week 5 is Source a replacement tube for my T5 lights..been putting it off for ages...apparently I put it off again last week

Week 4: Is source a replacement tube for my T5 lights..been putting it off for ages...O/s
            Week 3: Do a 5k jog.................Done
            Week 2: Sow some monkey nuts......Done
            Week 1: Take my new Garden Shredder out of the box and assemble it.......Done
            Last edited by Tripmeup; 03-02-2016, 09:03 AM.
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Week five.

I have two small ponds but one was dug so long ago it's now underneath a pine tree, the water had become so acidic that sadly nothing could live in it. I decided to deal with it and now in the process of turning it into a bog garden Also as my other pond is on a slope and always leaking I have dug an extra bit for the overflow, nice and shallow for the birds to bath in. I also spent hours sieving out beeeastly duck weed but its hard to get rid of every speck!
              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Week 5 completed
                Kennel converted to chicken coop! The chooks have adjusted to using it too. Cleaning them out will be so much easier now

Attached Files

Comment

Week 6. 8th - 14th February

Week 6 has started.
                  What will you do? I haven't decided yet

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Week 5 completed
                    Kennel converted to chicken coop! The chooks have adjusted to using it too. Cleaning them out will be so much easier now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61800[/ATTACH]
                    That is brilliant, you should be proud

sigpic

Comment

Week 5 completed. I think I walked at least 5 or 6 miles every day for the past week.
                      Week 6. .....Eat five portions of veg every day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Week Six: Make a phonecall!

This thread is really shining a light on my neuroses, which is probably a good thing but I do have real issues using the phone, and have been known to find more important things to do for weeks, rather than make that call. It is so bad I don't even have a mobile ...

So anyway, this morning I had to ring and cancel an appointment (originally made by email, of course) and rather than putting it off I just got on with it. No problems, of course!

Small beer to most peeps, no doubt, but quite a biggie for me.
                        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well done PP, I'm proud of you
                          Astounded at Bramble's good habits too. You put me to shame!!

Comment

I am struggling with this one this week

Week 6......trying to stop milk in my tea!!!! I have got some unsweetened almond breeze which is going down ok ish, guess i just have to get used to it

Well done PP, you will be a chatter box soon, i donīt like picking up the phone but once i go i go

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                              So anyway, this morning I had to ring and cancel an appointment (originally made by email, of course) and rather than putting it off I just got on with it. No problems, of course!

Small beer to most peeps, no doubt, but quite a biggie for me.
                              Well done PP! I am not a fan of using the phone either - I have got used to it because I need to for work, but outside of work I'll still put off making any calls I need to make as long as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Well done PP, I'm proud of you
                                Astounded at Bramble's good habits too. You put me to shame!!
                                Thanks Veggichicken. I could well be wasting my time, but, since I became ( that awful phrase) a senior citizen I promised myself I would be more active and try to do the healthy eating thing.
                                One side of my family died from heart problems so I am trying to learn from the fmily history.
                                I was a reluctant walker about 5 years ago but now love it no matter the weather.
                                OR, I could be mad and not know the difference.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X