• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 2 - 11th - 17th January

Week 2 has started..............off you go and do summat challenging

Comment

Week Two

Do my youngests photo album. She is 2 in March and I haven't printed a single pic. Doesn't help I can't print anything when my oldest is anywhere near the printer or it disappears. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
        Week Two

Do my youngests photo album. She is 2 in March and I haven't printed a single pic. Doesn't help I can't print anything when my oldest is anywhere near the printer or it disappears. Fingers crossed.
        With the cost of ink cartridges, you might well be better putting all those you want to print out onto a memory stick and take it to B00ts for printing. It might well be cheaper to do that (use the 24hr service too) and if your printer is anything like mine, the quality from their machine will be significantly better!
        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 11-01-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Week 2's plan is to deal with the first bit of garden outside my kitchen window. Now the building stuff has gone, get rid of the earth that's crept over the patio, level the ground round it and lay a small lawn with a flower bed round the borders. It has to stop raining first.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            With the cost of ink cartridges, you might well be better putting all those you want to print out onto a memory stick and take it to B00ts for printing. It might well be cheaper to do that (use the 24hr service too) and if your printer is anything like mine, the quality from their machine will be significantly better!
            TY. Thats a ruddy good idea. I can't believe how long it is taking to sort through them all.

Just thought I would share this one. Makes me chuckle everytime.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]61380[/ATTACH]

Just thought I would share this one. Makes me chuckle everytime.
              The python doesn't look impressed, mind.

Comment

I do not know if this counts but had to buy 1/2 dozen eggs this is the first time in nearly 3 years i have bought eggs. On the up i think the OH has agreed to add a couple more ladies to our flock might get them next week.

Started taking vitamin B12, thats probably a for ever thing but new this week
                I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Well, I bought it when I still worked in a bookshop so it is probably a good time to read a novel in French. It will certainly be a big challenge!!
                  A sort of novel-come-memoire my choice is Dora Bruder by Patrick Modiano.
                  Wish me luck
                  Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Since my latest injection, I've had terrible acid reflux, so my challenge this week is to go on a vegan diet to see if it helps. Additional things not allowed in my diet for the next 7 days are:
                    Tomatoes
                    Onions
                    Chilli
                    Coffee
                    Tea
                    Citrus
                    Carbonated drinks
                    Mint
                    My first meal? Lentils on Rye Bread toast probably!
                    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                      Shredder out of box and and have an idea how to work it.... Week one done..

Week 2 is to sow some monkey nuts..
                      Monkey nuts sown tonight...job done!
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skeggijon View Post
                        Since my latest injection, I've had terrible acid reflux, so my challenge this week is to go on a vegan diet to see if it helps. Additional things not allowed in my diet for the next 7 days are:
                        Tomatoes
                        Onions
                        Chilli
                        Coffee
                        Tea
                        Citrus
                        Carbonated drinks
                        Mint
                        My first meal? Lentils on Rye Bread toast probably!
                        Keep a tub of Sodium Bicarb handy Jon, it neutralises the acid in minutes.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Week 2 is a happy/sad challenge.
                          To ask a tree surgeon's advice about a mature ash tree that is quite close to the house. He came today and after discussing various soft options like lowering the crown or pollarding it, I asked him to cut it down completely. Once its gone, for the first time in 30+ years, I can stop worrying about it falling on the house.
                          I hate having trees cut down but there are plenty more in the garden.
                          Weather permitting, they start tomorrow

Attached Files
                          Last edited by veggiechicken; 14-01-2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

This week I decided to stand up to our solicitor because he's been, well useless at dealing with an important family issue, it seemed to be the case that everyone was afraid of him because he's a solicitor, no one would talk to him or tell him how we are feeling, I mean I presume solicitors are human too! So I wrote him a no nonsense email and resolved not to panic or regret it and happily it actually yielded quite speedy results...so that was a relief!!
                            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

I am happy to say I finished painting my bedroom walls today. It took longer than I thought as I had to put an undercoat and then two overcoats before it looked finished. I also painted the presses and the door. Delighted with the result.
                              Thats week 2 challenge done.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Week 3 Challenge 18th - 24th January
                                What are you doing this week?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse