No announcement yet.

The 52 Week Challenge - Week by week through 2016

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next challenge is to find out what a kaki fruit is.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Week 4 - 25th - 31st January

Last week of January! What will you do this week?
      At the end of the week, tell us what you've done in January

Comment

Ok I failed week 3 (I got distracted) so still to do

Week 4

Contact my local BKA

and

mulch the other 4 fruit trees or finish the peach tunnels (both would be nice but not likely)

Comment

Week 4. Get my carpet down in the bedroom. Put all the furniture back and put up new curtains.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Wk 4, I'm going to plant 4 bags of daffs and tulips that I bought months ago
            Oddly, the tulips are sprouting in the bags but the daffs are still dormant

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
              This week I need to get out and do a 5k run...
              Done on Sunday....

Next up....Is source a replacement tube for my T5 lights..been putting it off for ages...

Week 3: Do a 5k jog.................Done
              Week 2: Sow some monkey nuts......Done
              Week 1: Take my new Garden Shredder out of the box and assemble it.......Done
              Last edited by Tripmeup; 27-01-2016, 12:14 PM.
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

Ok week 4, we are trying to lead more and more of a vegan lifestyle, still having the odd prawn, salmon and little bit of cheese but i know if we do the over night change it won't happen, especially out here. But we have not eaten meat for years now and have decided to start taking vitamin B12, it is very important and we are not getting much of it in our diet.
                So taking vitamin B12.
                I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Week four. Over the last few days I've been emptying our old woodshed as Mr V has made a new wood store, among all the wood I found no less than nine hibernating queen wasps so I despite the fact that they are decidedly large and scary and some of them tried to wake up, I lovingly moved them all to another shed where Mr V keeps his beautiful (homemade) remote control yachts, so I felt it was something of an achievement to save all those wasps, might not be saying that in the summer when they are all over the place.

Odd that we hardly saw any wasps this summer though, they must've been around I suppose.
                  The best things in life are not things.

Comment

I hope Mr V knows....................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Haha yes, I warned him his boat shed is full of sleeping wasps!
                      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Another one for this week trying quinoa for the first time.
                        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Week Four - ski coaching.
                          Once upon a time I was a ski instructor and have always resisted teaching mates as it can all too often end a friendship, but on Monday I finally agreed to spend time with a friend who is a total beginner.
                          He had his first ever hour with an Ecole de Ski Francais teacher then practiced for an hour before being my victim for another spell after lunch.
                          We are still talking and he can now do snowplough turns from top to bottom of the nursery slope. Smiles (and relief) all round.
                          I miss teaching.

Week one - making a galette des rois for the first time
                          Week two - reading a first novel in French (still working on it)
                          Week three - driving. Other than a short drive through the countryside, it was a fail
                          Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 27-01-2016, 11:56 AM. Reason: adding the update for the month
                          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Week 4 - Fail. the weather's been too wet for planting out bulbs

January's Challenges :-
                            Wk 1 - Sowing Monkey Nuts for the first time in my life! (a couple of inches high now)
                            Wk 2 - To ask a Tree Surgeon to take down a mature ash tree (and he started the following day)
                            Wk 3 - To find a use for the Tree Slices (12 used to make "cromlechs" - more to build!)
                            Wk 4 - To plant 4 bags of daffs and tulips - FAIL - too wet.

Comment

Wk 1 - Not turn myself into and anxious wreck. Oldest starting preschool tomorrow. (I think I did well and she has settled in well)
                              Wk 2 - Do my youngests photo album. (Both my girls albums are upto date)
                              Wk 3 - Is finish cleaning the utility/ conservatory. (Fail and double fail)
                              Wk 4 - Contact my local BKA and mulch the other 4 fruit trees or finish the peach tunnels (both would be nice but not likely) (contacted BKA but need to ring once my phone is fixed and only made one tunnel but thats something)

Wk 5,6,7 + 8

Change my families eating habits (portion sizes, snacks, eating all meals at the table etc.) and prep the old drive ready to sow grass seed (I will not let it go by and say it is ok I will do it in Sept.)

Comment

Well I may be talking out of turn here but I thought we would have MANY peeps taking part in the chall7enge.
                                Condidering the large number of peeps on here .its a shame and I think you would be able to come with ideas we may not even have thought a.bout
                                Please give it a thought, its so much fun nd you may find yourself doing things you never even thought about.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X