Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ike & Tina Turnip.............

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

B"ridge"t Cucumber.

Attached Files
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Duncan Cabbage.

Attached Files

Comment

Oooh, I do like Duncan ^^^ He's a real character

Comment

Hi Nicos, i use a garden labeller, its quite good and the label last for a few years being out in the weather

Brother GL-H105 Handheld Garden Labelling Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products

Comment

Just thought I'd post an update of the completed labels so far, I have about another 10 to do when my toy arrives. I'm hoping that due to their fluidity they will serve 2 purposes, not only marking the plants but also act as bird deterrents...........well that's the theory anyway.

Attached Files

Comment

What a Happy bunch of Veggies Luv 'em

Comment

I love them BM.

Comment

Those are fab, i really love them. Might have to steal the idea and do something similar
                    You still need a potato.

The OH and i are kind of arty, he makes giant robots out of scrap and i have been meaning to make some things for ages. You are inspiring me, at one point i was going to make a giant tomato, chicken wire on the inside and some type of paper mache on the outside, i never did get round to doing anything. February is a boring month so you never know.
                    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Lovely and creative labels and markers from people here

I take a different approach and don't use labels at all, but number the pots instead.

As my growing and the number of varieties has diversified, I've started to get better at record keeping, and have a log of what's been planted and when. I just use a permanent marker to number the pot, then can refer both ways between the log record and pot whenever I need to as the growing season develops.

For spare plants I'm giving away, I use plastic labels created from cut up strips of plastic bottles. I guess it's a reduce, re-use, recycle approach wherever possible.

Comment

I can usually tell by looking at the crop what I've got growing. More needful to me is the cultivar, especially of the brassica family. (Why does this American spell checker always want to change brassicas to brassiness or worse still brassieres!)
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have cut out BMs designs and laminated them some will go on crooks and the greenhouse ones will go on suction hooks. My oldest loves them. I have caught her a couple of times playing with them, so will be really chuffed if it is just that bit more encouragement for them round the garden next year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X