Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its wet and windy here so not sure what we'll be be doing today.

Flo hopefully your daughter will soon be back home were she belongs.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ...............The end of the world in nigh - there's a big red ball of fire in the sky..........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• BM quick run for cover
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's ok now Bren, I can't see it:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all, not a bad morning here. A bit on the windy side biut the sun is out and no rain forecast until tonight. Got our share all day yesterday and last night. Off to the park for a walk and then out to the port to buy fresh fish wher the trawlers come in.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning gang!
              The weather is filthy here still, but the garden is desperate for it.
              The chooks are quickly settling into their pecking order, it's funny to watch Miss Lemon (the biggest of the trio) being shoved out of the way by Hetty Wainthrop (the smallest)

Auntie, I do hope DD comes home soon xx

Comment

• Grey and raining here too. I went down and checked the scale of my new Mediterrean herb and rose garden plan to the actual plot. Not too bad, but it needs a good reorganise.

Decided to plant BigMally's strawberries around the border of what will be the thyme and camomile lawn. (That's it was BM's idea for strawbs rather than me nipping round and pinching his).

Picked some tomatoes, evicted some more caterpillars, went cross eyed looking for them and discovered that big fawn caterpillars like nesting just under the surface of the soil. One darwin candidate came up for air right in front of me which meant he/she was evicted and then I went hunting around my basil and found the culprit nesting under the soil in the tub. AHA!

Now I am enjoying some chocolate and a coffee while a hard working British Gas man installs our new boiler and my small plastic bags have arrived, so then its on with packing up seeds for the vsp and tomato circle.

Oh and if anyone has any roman chamomile seed packets, I would appreciate having them if you don't want them.

Comment

• My 'big' wee brother is visiting from Australia...just called to say he can spare a few hours tonight to see us!! Oh and if you're offering can you feed me too!
                  sigpic

Comment

• hello peeps,we have had rain the last few days,but managed the lottie in the mornings and over lunch in the dry,this morning it is drizzley,supposed to be dryer this afternoon,been in wilkos,not much to go at,i come out with 2 big bags of narcissus/daffs mixed,all i have to do now is,get them in the new garden borders at home,together with some nectaroscordum aka siculum honey lily,hope the flowers smell better than the bulbs do,a bad stale oniony stink bleuuuu
                    Flo another one thinking of you all,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• BUMPS!!!! Hello! *waves

How ya doin?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarternoooooooon Peeps! Chuckin' it down here again today, and I have no inclination to do anything. (Nowt new there!)

Coffee?
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Is the kettle still hot G4?
                        Would love one if it is please!

Been jarring preserves in a very hot kitchen- half in the sterilizer now and half waiting to go in.
                        So far got 16 x 1litre jars full of combinations of beans, onions, courgettes, peppers, spices, herbs , tomatoes and wine!

mmmmm...
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Is the kettle still hot G4?
                          Would love one if it is please!

Been jarring preserves in a very hot kitchen- half in the sterilizer now and half waiting to go in.
                          So far got 16 x 1litre jars full of combinations of beans, onions, courgettes, peppers, spices, herbs , tomatoes and wine!

mmmmm...
                          I'm impressed Nicos, you've had a very productive morning.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sun may be coming out! Will the lawns be dry enough to cut? I have just bought a toilet ... living on the edge here folks. I am now noodling around on the Vine to avoid attempting to finish assembling ERIK, a piece of furniture from a well-known Scandinavian store. I think the ability to swear in Swedish would be a distinct advantage. Saaaave me someone.

Comment

• Well - I saved myself! ERIK is now sitting under the desk in the office and I am sitting here - smugly! Not as bad as I thought. I just needed a better screwdriver (yes I know .. a bad workman always blames his/her tools). Next!

Comment

• ^^^i can't stand any DIY that involves a screwdriver anything bought that comes flat packed usually stays that way in this house unless my brother is visiting
                                Jay, brothers are all the same! These days if mine calls the first ghing I say is. "What do you want?" When he does visit he knows it's payback

Thinking of you Flo, hope you get some good news today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X