This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another lovely sunny morning here.
    Pitch and putt this morning and hope to get to my garden in the afternoon.

Good luck at the half marathon Hazel.

Hope your hay fever improves Nicos.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all - glorious morning here although it was chilly overnight. Got 3 beds raked and planted with mustard yesterday . Also inadvertently planted a lot of mustard on the greenhouse floor when the bag I was 'carefully' opening did not co-operate. Aaargghh! Off second hand sofa shopping this morning with #2 son, then over to see #1 son so that he can fit baby seat in the car. Then all being well - back to the plot to attack the raspberries.

I was diverted yesterday afternoon. Terribly sad, our site manager's daughter is dying, she is only 18 and has an incredibly aggressive bowel cancer. He just needed to talk, so I let him. He can't make sense of it, but there is no sense. Only enormous sadness. Sorry to end on such a 'downer' when it is such a lovely day.

Comment

• Good morning,

OH woke me up by kissing my cheek and I end up hitting him in the face......oooppsss hahaha.
        Looks like the sun is out(what I can see threw the curtains what are closed) OH is making breakfast this morning.

Good luck Hazel

Have a good day
        Last edited by cariann88; 26-09-2015, 08:29 AM.
        Carrie

Comment

• Sunshiny Saturday everyone.
          Watch out Carriann - you may end up with breakfast on your face, in revenge
          Good luck Hazel. The closest I get to Runners is picking beans
          Have a great day Grapeys, and.........................

C'mon Wales

Comment

• Morning all

Good luck Hazel

Well done for "being there" Susie

More soil shifting & sifting for me
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• OH 'cannot belieeeeve it' ( said in bestest Victor M voice

We've been looking forward for ages to a moules frites night with friends ( mussels and chips)- great fun and lively conversation.
              He's only just realised that it's clashing with the one rugby match he didn't want to miss
              ( and nope- we don't have catch up)
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well that was fun! Your best wishes spurred me on to knock a few seconds off my previous best time for this distance - thanks all!

Mind you on the cool down afterwards I managed to trip over my own feet and did a comedy tumble over a distance of about 5 yards before ending up in a not-so-dainty heap with a grazed knee and elbow. Hey ho!

Comment

• It's his own fault for kissing me. It made me jump and hit out haha. He didn't chuck breakfast on me But he made a very nice fry up this morning.

Waiting for the OH to go out so I can finish off cleaning the flat. He gets under my feet when I am cleaning, so told him to go out while I clean
                  Carrie

Comment

• Lovely sunny morning here so we got the first onion bed done, lifted some crocosmia, fed the pumpkin, removed many future horse chestnuts seedlings (little beggars) and felt a bit stiff after moving 10 loads of compost yesterday. Still, watching the bats feeding was lovely

Comment

• All went well yesterday on the stall, and got to see lots of newborn little babies, leaving hospital, ahhhhh
                      DottyR

Comment

• Car seat in, raspberries out! No sofas - yet, but I bought some cheap plastic construction blocks for grand-daughter. A quick whizz through the dishwasher will sort them out. Eldest son gave me a brand new 40 inch smart TV that he won in a raffle at work - I was utterly discombobulated, but delighted.

Comment

• Good evening to you all, I was watching Dr. Who earlier and there was someone on it with a pointy stick, now that reminds me of of someone? but just cant remember who, so if anyone can put a name to the person I would be grateful, today I bought some of the blue water pipe to make some cloches with enviromesh, now Im hunting for cheap enviromesh or similar, also got some blackcurrent bushes to plant,will need to find some space for them so tomorrow I will need to get up early and get them planted before church, so up about half nine that should give me time.

Well I wish you all a good night, and if I slept till half nine there would be a blue moon in the sky Goodnight
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                            Good evening to you all, I was watching Dr. Who earlier and there was someone on it with a pointy stick, now that reminds me of of someone? but just cant remember who, so if anyone can put a name to the person I would be grateful
                            Harry Potter:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all - up bright and early today. Rugby ... aargghh! England managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but to be fair Wales deserved to win. Glorious morning again. So lemon cheesecake to bake, casserole to put in the slow cooker and then to the allotment for a committee meeting! Back home, clean the house (neighbours and FiL coming for supper so I better flick my feather duster), mow the lawns, make a salmon and broccoli bake for the non carnivores, prep veg etc.

Happily weather forecast is favourable for tomorrow so should get some more allotment work done. Have a good day all

Comment

• Morning its foggy out today can't even see across the road I did spot some pretty spiders webs in the garden.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X