Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Do With 40mts Of Guttering?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Do With 40mts Of Guttering?

As the title says really. I have acquired 40mts of squareline guttering off freecycle. I have an idea how to use it but thought I would put it out to you for inspiration. Cheers.

Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-07-2015, 07:43 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

You could cut it into 18" length, bind / solvent weld two together and grow nice straight parsnips....or you could just re gutter the house

Comment

Fix them underneath the eaves of the roof to catch and direct water?

Fix several onto vertical supports to make a rack/ shelving for growing strawberries in (a fruitcake not a bookcase)

Cut them into bed width lengths and sow your peas and beans into under protection.

Get a half barrel, diving board, statue of a diver and an upturned laundry basket and make a giant game of mousetrap

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        You could cut it into 18" length, bind / solvent weld two together and grow nice straight parsnips....or you could just re gutter the house
        Hmmmm............Decagonal Parsnips, now that's novel..............
        Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-07-2015, 08:05 PM.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Get some brackets etc and fix to someones house spend the money made on gardening!!!
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Easier to cut up.......seriously what would I do if just got 40mtrs of flee bay.....probably seek medical advice

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
              Get some brackets etc and fix to someones house spend the money made on gardening!!!
              Good idea Potty but I couldn't make money from something that was kindly given to me. I have all the fittings. The downpipes have already been used for fishing rod tubes.
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-07-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Daft idea but could you build moats around some of your raised beds to stop slugs?

Comment

An elaborate gravity fed irrigation system from water butts to every bed on your allotment?
                  Think of the time you save!
                  http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Drill tiny little holes in it and use it as a drip watering system - struth for me that's quite a sensible idea.

Hang on daftness reasserting itself - a second channel tunnel or an extra long eel trap?

A very long pea shooter?
                    Last edited by Lumpy; 14-07-2015, 08:31 PM.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                      Daft idea but could you build moats around some of your raised beds to stop slugs?
                      That was a thought GL but I would have to buy a boatload of elbows.

Comment

Apart from building an all weather toboggan run for voles, what's your idea BM?

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Not if you cut into the side of the guttering - slotted one 90 degrees into the other and then sealed it with ?
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                            Apart from building an all weather toboggan run for voles, what's your idea BM?
                            My idea is to cut them to the with of the beds (will try one bed first), cut 50mm holes in the gutter at 300mm intervals & plant through the holes. The theory being that slugs couldn't climb up the sides plus it would be a water collection device feeding water to the plants.................if that makes sense.

Comment

Sort of like a flea collar for collards. Interesting idea but won't the leaves drape down over the edges and make a slug overpass? Well the best way to find out would be to try it.

Looking forward to reading your results.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X