Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Do With 40mts Of Guttering?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it helps, I've also got 2x3mt lengths of 110mm drainpipe I acquired from freecycle a few weeks back.........................I need inspiration...........
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

You need help I aint got a clue....
      Last edited by Greenleaves; 15-07-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Me neither but I couldn't see it go to waste.......waste, get it?.........
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Hydroponic greenhouse system - very large wind chimes - extra long carrot and parsnip tubes - cut in half so you have even more guttering - support frames for bug mesh - cut into lengths, put into guttering trays and used as trailing plant pots - decorations for your guttering C word tree - filled with concrete and used as secure borders - use as rollers for moving huge stones so you build your own Mallyhenge? etc etc etc
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

could you not use them for cage construction,stick em in the ground and cover with net,you could also drill some holes where ever to push canes into for extra support,so it forms onto a cube or oblong,
            grow sumat up em,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

How many fittings do you have?
              Enough for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                As the title says really. I have acquired 40mts of squareline guttering off freecycle. I have an idea how to use it but thought I would put it out to you for inspiration. Cheers.

I would fix them horizontally to my shed wall and store my freshly cut canes in them to keep them straight. I cut the canes in February (ish) and tie them together in a bundle to keep them straight at the mo.
                Just think happy thoughts

Comment

Thinking of buying some guttering to use as a slug moat around the plot. Think someone on here used it with success although on a small plot. Might use it in concert with other defences, copper tape seems to have worked, plastic umbrella tents too, beer traps as well but never have enough jars or bad beer.

Comment

Well, would you believe it?...............12 months on & I've finally found a use for the last of the guttering...........
                    2 x 8ft lengths fastened together to make a tube, ends blocked off with old compost bags & cable ties, drainage holes drilled in the bottom a quarter of an inch up, slots cut in the top. Will be filled with compost to house shelf grown Strawberries. 2 down, 1 to go when my battery re-charges.................not mine, my drill............

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-07-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Nice one BM well outside the box, in fact do you have a ..........................box?
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                        Nice one BM well outside the box, in fact do you have a ..........................box?
                        Not sure Potty, I'll have a look.......................

Comment

If you find it you will only ......................make something else out of it.LOL
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Id love a spare parts structure if you don't have one already. An ape/gorilla perhaps
                            You should be in huge art projects , I think you'd be great at that.
                            Northern England.

Comment

Final pics of finished Strawberry Shelf:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                could you use some of it for shelving- perhaps in a shed?

Maybe all the way round the room as a dado rail for storage ??
                                Love this idea.
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X