Fish TV

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers BM! Here' one with lights!

Ignore our "Scott" in the background! He's a pain in the butt at best times!

Right! Neck winding in time! Mrs home safe! Can lock the door knowing All's safe n well!

Bed time!
    Attached Files
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Nite Pal, I take it you are working tomorrow.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Sorry BM! Just realised what ya said!

That's "Marley" he,s still yet a puppy, but a big old "Gloght" but lovely with it!i
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

No! Lay in, BM! Which I'm looking forward to! But my Sat/Sun in! Madness!
          Hey! I'll be just glad when the madness is out of the way! n normality reigns!

Comment

Welcome back to Fish TV for all you viewers. I installed Wide screen TV yesterday & got a reception today:
            So I've installed Tubular TV this morning, just waiting for a decent signal
            Attached Files
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

BM you have probably said somewhere already and more worryingly I have probably read it but since forgotten but.........

What was the tubular tv in a previous life?
              Also do you just raise them/support them on bricks/blocks?

Yes I would like to pinch your idea , but I also need to cover my pond at the same time, nothing is ever simple

Comment

The tubular TV was a flower vase in it's former life. For the wide screen TV I knocked up a metal stand but it was too narrow so raised the TV on bricks with old rubber innertube as protection between the tank, bricks, stand & liner. For the tubular TV, I found a hard plastic plant pot whose base was the same diameter as the neck of the vase, I cut entrance/exit holes in the side of the plant pot, removed the base then glued it to the neck of the vase, they just swim through the holes & up into the vase. Hope this helps, give me a shout if you want to run through it step by step.

Comment

If you look close you can see the stand & bricks:

and in this one, you can just about make out the flowerpot:
                  Attached Files

Comment

TY BM you are a star

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                      TY BM you are a star
                      Aww Shucks!..............Thanks NG.

Comment

Wheres teletext?

Comment

Teletext......................now you're showing your age GL. This is 21st Century state of the art HydroTV................

Comment

Now you have had a years experience with your tv world have you drawn any conclusions, do the tv's run out of oxygen? due to lack of circulation? does the glass need cleaning much? How high do you think you could go with say a clear perspex tube? If I had a tube rising out of the pond then running around my pond area screwed to the wall and then back into the pond say 20 feet long, do you think they would use it?
                            Just interested.
                            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Hi Bill, The TV's don't run out of Oxygen as the fish are circulating the water. I reckon the TV's need to come out twice maybe three times a year for cleaning but only takes half an hour in total. I tried a perspex box in version 1 & it imploded due to the vacuum................ I have been keeping my eye out for one of those tall bubble lamps, it would look brill having a 5ft tower sticking out..............not sure how it would handle the winds though.............. I am sure the fish would go anywhere there is food as you well know.

Comment

This may give you some encouragement Bill:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X