X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhhhh, right - one of those
    Is there water in it now?

Comment

Yep - Rosie shoved her nose in it and blew bubbles underwater just after I took the photo
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

That would make a great TV Jeanied. I would be tempted to do something with the inside first. Maybe a plastic paint or break up some tiles & have a mosaic effect.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thanks BM - now just wait till I ask what to do with my astrodome

Comment

I have hammerite in black or white by the way - and in a sludgy brown to match what is there already.

Comment

Are they fish-friendly paints? I've no idea if there's such a thing...........

Comment

Me neither VC ... *toddles off to g**gle...

- apparently yes, once it has dried thoroughly - according to a Koi forum
                Last edited by Jeanied; 27-07-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                  I have hammerite in black or white by the way - and in a sludgy brown to match what is there already.
                  Hammerite is totally safe Jeanied once dry.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

So now I am wondering which colour the fish would like better, black or white?

Comment

Blue...........sorry, that wasn't an option
                      You'd see them better against white but it would also show up the algae, muck, more

Comment

Go with black. As VC says, white will only go green & it won't matter if you are installing a TV. The TV will also need cleaning every couple of weeks as it will get a green coat with the sun.

Comment

Jeanied, when you find a suitable vessel to use for the TV, post a pic & we'll try and fathom out how to fit it.

Comment

Introducing CFTV

Just a quick update:

FTV is as popular as always:

But we've now launched a new channel - CFTV...................

Attached Files

Comment

Yet another update:

After several weeks tinkering with the inlet/filtration from the stream, yesterday I decided to clean one of the TV's to assess the clarity of the water. To say I'm chuffed is an understatement. In pics 3 & 4, you can actually pick out a few of this years hatchlings. Apologies for the pic quality, my hands were dropping off it was that cold..............

Attached Files

Comment

They are really cool. Seeing as you are very talented & practical . How about excepting a little challenge ? Rip the guts out of an old CRT TV ( and replace the screen and fill in all the ventilation round the back..... The list goes on.)for your next fishy viewing system .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X