This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuckles ^^^^
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 18-07-2015, 09:52 PM.
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
      My table is covered by my son's stock for his business so I'm eating on the coffee table in the lounge. I was happily noshing my meal this evening when a lot of it slid on to the floor. Totally my own fault. The plate was only about 2/3 on the table and I hadn't realised that it was partly on a pack of incense sticks so was on a slope. Trouble is that I leave the best 'til last and that went into the dogs. Bonus is that I don't have to clean it up and they had an unexpected change to their diet.
      Regional differences in the meanings of words, Nosh really does mean something else round here!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• ^^^^^
        (I had to look that up, and I was only born 8 miles East of you! ( must be new terminology since either I left the UK, or I was out of touch with my teenage kids!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Regional differences in the meanings of words, Nosh really does mean something else round here!
          Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          ^^^^^
          (I had to look that up, and I was only born 8 miles East of you! ( must be new terminology since either I left the UK, or I was out of touch with my teenage kids!
          all those companies selling posh nosh

I must just be out of touch

Edit: you can decide which bits the rant
          Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 19-07-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Oooops! Well I never.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Oh my!!!

Rant: RAIN, WIND, RAIN, WIND, RAIN...
              Last edited by Jay22; 19-07-2015, 08:47 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• I said please check if the sweetcorn is ready for picking, not please pick the sweetcorn. Now it's been sitting on the side since this morning getting all starchy. Silly boy.
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• All morning, renewing my car insurance, did save about £100 though, so maybe worth the hassle!
                  DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                    no problems amazing what a good slap will do...
                    Give the Forum a slap matey

Comment

• No I don't. I also get pis$ed off with tennis, cricket, and all the other sports that the TV companies think the majority of the population are interested in. There was a survey done a few years ago that showed that more people went to church on sundays than watched football on the TV.
                      Last edited by bearded bloke; 19-07-2015, 07:32 PM. Reason: not edited but moved here as it was a reply to a retorical question
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• I went to have Sunday lunch with my son and walking to the venue I waved to a friend on the other side of the road. I put my shoe in a grating and took a tumble. Immediate pain was my nose which hit the pavement. Several people helped me up (thankyou) and I continued to the eatery.

We are now 4 1/2 hours on. My nose is a bit sore and has a scab on it. Pains that I hadn't noticed at the time are appearing. The worst is my left arm, shoulder, and wrist. About 18 months ago I tore a ligament in my left shoulder. It has taken 18 months to get to the stage where I can do my bra up again. Talking to a friend I said I thought I'd broken a bone in my left wrist. He said you'll know if it's swollen. I put the two wrists side by side. He said "It's swollen". Yes, I know. I know that the best I can do is just let it all heal. All I wanted was a meal with my son.
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                          There was a survey done a few years ago that showed that more people went to church on sundays than watched football on the TV.
                          Really? I only know a couple of people who go to church (ignoring weddings and christenings) and a heck of a lot if people that subscribe to sports channels primarily for the football, some of whom are season ticket holders too and watch it live. Am struggling to think if any households I know where at least one person doesn't watch regularly through the season.

My rant is that this wasn't on the rant thread when I replied and so I didn't need to rant, now it is, so I do
                          Last edited by Alison; 19-07-2015, 07:38 PM.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• That delphinium seedling I've been nurturing is definately a buttercup.
                            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Work... always work! Gets in the way of me and my garden!

Comment

• Originally posted by muddled View Post
                                A charity, specifically recruiting people with disabilities and learning difficulties, who hold the 1st interview by Clapham Junction (south west London)...and the second interview in Kentish Town (north west London) for a job in South East London!

They, of all people, should understand the lack of accessible tube/railway stations.

She's better get it or there'll be hell to pay

She didn't get it.
                                They didn't tell her. We had to ring them three times to be told.
                                We asked why she didn't get get it......

They say we have to take her their 'feedback session' in North London to find out.

Honestly....you couldn't make it up.
                                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X