X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    or if I did I can't remember it - like so many other things I've been told
    Yep! That's a clear sign!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

You know you are getting old when not only do you ask yourself questions but you answer them as well........as I did today...........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
        Has no one told you it is bad luck to turn it back from inside out? My mother would have gone ballistic.
        You're only the second person I've heard say that Bill. The other was a lady I used to work for, and if she did put something on inside out, she always refused to turn it right way out, no matter where she was going.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          ......when you put your Tshirt on inside out and don't realise until hours later when somebody tells you
          Yep, that was me, today
          At least when I put it on the right way, you could no longer see the toothpaste splashes.
          You know your getting old when you hold your teeth to clean them, (not all of them yet)

Comment

You know you're getting old when your grandkids are all taller than you
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

When someone you don't recognise speaks to you and asks you how you're doing and you haven't got a Scoobie who they are.

You meet same person later that day in the supermarket and recognise them as the same bloke you met this morning but still no clue who they are, so you say Hiya and move on.

2 days later you realise that it was your neighbour who you have lived across the road from for 10 years.

I could only apologise and say I'd had a senior monent (I'm 46).

Comment

"Miss, you are my closest [most direct] link to The First World War"
                "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

When you cant remember why you started this thread!

Comment

When, after a hard day in the garden/veg plot it's hard to get IN the bath...never mind getting out of it !
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

When you are sorting through a box old things from the attic looking for what you want to sell in a car boot sale and look affectionately at your old school slide rule...when the OH..who is OLDER than me... asks what on earth it is
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I know and try explaining Log Tables! (Logarithmic - not wood for you young people.)
                        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Not to mention pounds, shillings and pennies. I quite often use the term ten bob rather than 50p. You want to see the looks I get
                          Last edited by Greenleaves; 19-05-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

You know you're getting old when you haven't got a scooby what 400g looks like...............
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              Not to mention pounds, shillings and pennies. I quite often use the term ten bob rather than 50p. You want to see the looks I get
                              Sometimes I convert prices back to old money and give myself a shock!!! Ten bob for a bladdy Kit Kat!!!
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

..........when you realise your driving licence expires in a few years time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X