No announcement yet.

FUN:- You know when your getting old.........when

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your niece holds up a video tape and asks what it is.
    When you can't even give your old telly away!
    When your neighbour asks if you eating properly and do you need your hedge cutting.
    You put your coat on even when it's not cold
    You shout at technology to make it work

You dread dropping your trowel cos you can't pick it up.
    Someone offers to help you cross the road
    People speak s l o w l y and LOUDER and mouth the words more than usual
    You start sentences with "I remember when ..."

I'm writing a song called "you can tell you're getting old" so this thread has been a rich source of inspiration.
    P

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
    Last edited by eospete; 19-05-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
      I know and try explaining Log Tables! (Logarithmic - not wood for you young people.)
      Why did we used to do logarithmic? I could never work it out at the time. Never had to use them, so waste of time I think. I take it they don't do them still lol?

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
      Nannys make memories

Comment

When you log on here, to do one thing. An hour later, you are still on here, and can't actually remember why you logged on here in the first place...!!!!
        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
          Why did we used to do logarithmic? I could never work it out at the time. Never had to use them, so waste of time I think. I take it they don't do them still lol?
          Because we are that old that we weren't allowed calculators in class...............
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by eospete View Post

I'm writing a song called "you can tell you're getting old" so this thread has been a rich source of inspiration.
            Don't make it too long - 2 verses are about the limit before you forget the words or nod off

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Because we are that old that we weren't allowed calculators in class...............
              I don't know about not allowed, they hadn't been invented when I was at school.

All I remember about logarithms was having to look the log up of an angle (Or was it a number) in a big directory, our school headmaster could do them out of his head!!! Which was why there was no room left in his brain for compassion.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                The only calculators I saw at school were as large as typewriters
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Does anybody else do all their weeding, and increasingly the planting, sitting on their backside in the narrow pathways between deep beds? I must admit it makes for far less bending and stooping, and the consequent back ache and rusty joints, but as somebody said elsewhere, the real problem comes when you need to stand up again.

The other major problem is having to wear reading glasses to read and write labels and sow small seed. I tend to leave them on which results in misjudging distances when you are walking around the awkward bits of the garden and ending up sitting down on your posterior again, but unintentionally and with considerably more force!

I used to think walking into a rake on the ground was the stuff of musical hall comedy, but now I have the bruises to show for it!

Comment

Yup - I have a nice big piece of bubble wrap I sit or kneel on whilst I'm weeding!
                    Much easier than stooping!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

All of the above and it's better than the alternative. :-)
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

...when the photo you have taken for your passports looks more like your mother than it does you!

*sobs.....
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

..........when you tell people your mother is your sister and they believe you

..........when you take your mother to the hospital for a hip replacement and they think its for you

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Don't make it too long - 2 verses are about the limit before you forget the words or nod off
                            And start to dribble at the same time!

Comment

People offer to come and collect you.
                              DottyR

Comment

Every move you make is followed by a groan.............
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X