'The Big Allotment Challenge'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
    Ok but equaly Rhubarb and blueberries are going to take more than 15 weeks to produce a crop.
    That's a fair point actually although at least they are things you could grow on a UK lottie. At the start they had totally empty plots and I don't remember anything other than seed sowing. Would have been better to explain these things if they had any interest in actually encouraging gardening, even if they had a communal fruit area which was already established. Think I had unrealistic expectations that this would reflect actual allotmenting but as things stand everything is half made already, a bit like using ready made pastry on Masterchef. Now I think about it I expressed concern about the competitive element of it and sadly I'm not being proved wrong .

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• I think it said something about fruit plants at the beginning but not enough to explain where they got enough blue berries from to even pretend to make jam.

Comment

• The other thing is that if every time I grew a perfect radish or made a good pot of jam everybody came and hugged me I would throw in the towell and head for home. We are getting to damn huggy in this country its just not British. Whats wrong with a handshake and a "well done".
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
          The other thing is that if every time I grew a perfect radish or made a good pot of jam everybody came and hugged me I would throw in the towell and head for home. We are getting to damn huggy in this country its just not British. Whats wrong with a handshake and a "well done".

*hugs*

It's a lot harder to pick your pocket whilst shaking your hand?

Comment

• ...you'd not cope here in France Bill.
            Even the blokes kiss each other if they are best friends or family members
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• We like a cwtch in Wales - whatever the size of your radishes

Comment

• Silly VC this was bound to happen after a post like that

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                    Now this kind of hugging and kissing (providing its in doors with the lights off) is ok by me.
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• and so...looks like we have found a way to make The Big Allotment Challenge more viewer friendly???
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        and so...looks like we have found a way to make The Big Allotment Challenge more viewer friendly???
                        Although I am slightly worried as to how we got from radish to this!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Can't be arrised to read through all the posts but I got up and walked away half way through the programm to find something interesting to do................like watching paint dry!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• You and half the viewers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              Can't be arrised to read through all the posts but I got up and walked away half way through the programm to find something interesting to do................like watching paint dry!
                              Snadge. it must be a Geordie thing, as I posted earlier, "I have some drying paint that needs a good watching"

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                We like a cwtch in Wales - whatever the size of your radishes
                                I read that in a Welsh accent, I didn't know I could do a Welsh accent. Need to try it out loud now
                                My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X