X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all....

Quick hello before I face the chair
    Thanks for all the beverage offers and advice; in fact it's now unlikely that I will need an injection!! Hic
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

Just back from 2.5 hours on the allotment - rained for 2 mins when I arrived and started to rain again just as I was leaving - 4 miles away it had been raining all the time - forecast was correct for them but rubbish for me - glad I took the chance and went up now
      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaarternooooon Peeps. Y'allright?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Fine thanks G4 just having a mug of tea an a Tunnocks. plus because its dark now i can shut the curtains on the horrid weather.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

We have very fine drizzle here, and we've just drawn the curtains, too. Had a lovely dog walk with a chum this afternoon. We used to go play with her dog before going to work, in the summer, and today she decided to bring him out, with me, as her lawn is water-logged. I kept Rox the escapologist on the lead, and we let Osc and Archie belt around together like nutters. All three came back looking like they were chocolate-coated. I had to hose my two off when we got home. They weren't impressed.

Feeling slightly miffed at the mo, as a chum has annoyed me. Won't go into details, and I'll get over it, I'm just feeling snubbed and a little peeved. Next time you need a hand matey, go ask some other mug. C*w!

I have consoled myself with coffee and doughnuts. Not good. Actually, they were delicious, but that's not the point.

Comment

Ha! Thought you'd got me there didn't ya!? Shut the thread halfway through me typing my response. Well, I copied and pasted it, didn't I!? So ner!

Not very much will get in the way of me having a quiet whinge, I can tell you!

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                I have consoled myself with coffee and doughnuts. Not good. Actually, they were delicious, but that's not the point.
                Best I post up the low carb doughnut recipe & photos!

We are back to mizzle. Lovely. Not.

Fry up for supper.
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

G4 some folks just don't think do they

The threads been chopped my post counts now under 8000 but I'm still a Guru that's odd.

Comment

Very odd, Bren. My screen says you're a Mature Fruiter. Very rude, I think.

Yes, you're right, and I am being 'snotty' about it, and licking my wounds. I know why, and I understand, but next time I'm asked, I will say something, and she'll be very embarrassed that she's upset me. Wish I could keep my gob shut, sometimes, but I'd rather it was out in the open.

Comment

Its even odder because when I posted I was a Guru still

G4 I tend to say what I think when I'm talking face to face its always easier in the long run then folks know were you both stand.

Comment

Yup. I quite agree. I only decided to stay schtum today, as I didn't want to overreact, and end up looking a pillock. Everyone makes decisions for their own benefit - I just don't like feeling used. Tomorrow's another day, life goes on, and I'll get over myself.

Comment

Evening all!

Just read through this page and understood approx 1/3 of it! You look like a mature fruiter to me, Bren, you look sorry for yourself G4. Give yourself a dust down and a G&T - it is that time, isn't it?

It's been nice enough here to dry the washing, with a bit of sunshine for an hour or so this afternoon. I did a load of running up and down a big hill at lunchtime (I'm not kidding - 10 times, I felt like the grand old duke of york, but at a bit of a belt ), and wasted much of the afternoon at work putting together a proposal which has about a 1% chance of coming off.

Cooking this evening with Nigel Slater (my this year's challenge) - it's french onion soup and a fried potato and cheese thing - proper comfort food!
                          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 15-01-2014, 06:20 PM. Reason: clarity!

Comment

Oooooooooh - I luuuuuuuuuuuurve French Onion Soup. Nom nom! Dinner round your place then, Hazel!

Comment

I love French Onion soup too - yummy- except I have to do a veggie version with veggie stock which would be frowned upon by the purists. But they would like the teaspoon of brandy I serve in the middle under the cheesy crouton!
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                Oooooooooh - I luuuuuuuuuuuurve French Onion Soup. Nom nom! Dinner round your place then, Hazel!
                                Well there will certainly be enough.

I glanced at the recipes before going shopping, noted the ingredients list, and bought a massive (1.5kg) bag of onions for the soup.

Reading the recipe through properly, and I need 4 medium onions for 4 portions of soup. There are about 40 onions in the bag.....

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X