• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope all is OK Bill.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just what I was thinking Nicos - hope it goes well for you today Bill.
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Bill, hope they sort you out soon, and all is well.
        DottyR

Comment

• Bill, Hope it turns out well for you
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Morning all

The heavens are crying here today,so shortly I shall be getting wet got two daleks that need loading with "well rotted organic matter" ready for the triffid growing season

Hey Bill,good luck at t' 'ospital bud
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning all.

No allotment today - Important Chess Match in Glasgow today so allotment will have to wait till tomorrow which looks a better day anyhow
              Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Morning All........Sort of blue with more grey here. Still dry, but persistification promised. Lovely.

Not sure whether I should start on this caaaaaaake today - I'm concerned about it keeping. The 'do' is next Friday night, the cake is supposed to be a surprise, but Ma has phoned (just before 7am this morning, totally unnecessary, Ma, ok?) to say they will be here on Tuesday. How can I make a surprise cake if Dad is here?

Bill - good luck, keep us posted!

Coffee?
                Last edited by julesapple; 18-01-2014, 10:09 AM.
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Morning all.. Wet day here too.
                  Off to daughter's soccer match soon for a good drenching so .ah the joys
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaarternooooooooon Peeps! Cloudy but bright here today. Work that one out!

((HUGS)) and best wishes for those in need. Patience, by the bucket-full for t'others!

Coffee?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I can officially run Quite Fast.

Happy dance!

I might have to go across to the rant thread about how chuffing long it takes to get a cup of coffee in one of those new fangled coffee bar places. Oh - and how much it costs!!

Comment

• Thank you all for your concern, the surgeon poked at it and confirmed i have no pulse in my right hand wrist, he said that where the wire is pushed in causes trauma to the artery wall and that causes a clot to seal it up, sometimes it seals off the whole artery. The good news is that the hand has two arteries and the other one will take over sufficiently. The block may be permanent or may eventualy clear.
                        The angiogram I had on the 13th revealed no blockages and the stents I had 4 years ago are clear, thats good and bad news because my shortness of breath and chest pains mean the smaller arteries may be blocked and they cant put stents in those. Looks like I will need more medication. I am sick to death of taking pills (Unfortunate phrase).
                        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Oh my giddy aunt....it's monsoon season out there, without the warmth. My chooks are virtually swimming. There was about a half inch of standing water in the gardens, it's increased significantly today. We've had hailstorms and everything, driving visibility was nil at one point.

I had to go out and chase up bits for this cake; different colours of fondant icing, cream and dark chocolate to make ganache, cardboard and gold paper to make two oblong cake boards. I'm distinctly damp now, and glad to be home for soup and burgen toast.

Soup, anyone?
                          Jules

Comment

• No thanks Jules - hubby fed me a while back.

If I could send you our weather, I would, but I suspect you'll be sending yours this way instead...
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Well.....I am trying, Geef, but it seems somewhat reluctant to leave

Just having a quick swing through the Vine whilst I drink my coffee, then I shall head kitchen wards. First step is the Madeira cake, whilst that's in the oven I'll gently nuke dark chocolate and double cream to make the ganache. Then, whilst the ganache is cooling I'll make the cake boards and faff about with the cut out design for the radio speaker. Just wondering if'n I should make life even harder and do a checkerboard sponge?

Wonder how long I can drag this coffee out for?
                              Last edited by julesapple; 18-01-2014, 03:05 PM.
                              Jules

Comment

• Evening, it feels like I've spent all day driving up and down the A38 in the rain but at least I've been busy so that makes the work day go fast.

Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
                                OH is doing really well despite not being able to drive or indeed drink very much. We went to the pub last night for the first time in WEEKS and both really enjoyed 1 pint each. So restrained. Hobgoblin, Hazel. It's a lovely beer. And I've lost 2 pounds in weight. I enjoyed being at home for a while and my domestic 'goddess-ness' (is that a real word?) but it is awfully bad for the waistline!
                                Susie glad to hear you both enjoyed your evening out, Hobgoblin is my favourite beer and i'll be having one later on this evening
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X